Hunting Buddies

Show off your pride and joy(s)

Hunting Buddies

Postby Curve1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm

My Dad started taking us bow-hunting back in 1975, I was 14. Me and 3 of my brothers hunted with him regularly up until about the late 80's.
Now, we dont hunt together much anymore...1 of my brothers dont shoot or hunt anymore.
But, my son who is now 24 has been my hunting buddy since he was 6 years old. I got him some recurves when he was starting out [youth bows], and then a compound when he was 10....so he would have enough poundage to kill a deer. He returned to the recurve at 14. He's killed about as many deer with a bow as I have. When he joined the Marines we didn't get to hunt together but 1 time [last 4 years]. He got out of the service last May and he's been going to school full time and it hasn't worked out for us to go together this year. His lovely wife loves to hunt also, but maybe we can hunt together next year....I miss my hunting buddy.
Attachments
2007-04-05-2144-39_edited.jpg
Curve1
5X5 Bull

Re: Hunting Buddies

Postby Newkirk Jerry » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I bet he feels the same way Curve.
Newkirk Jerry
5X5 Bull

Postby TradRag » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am

I believe you guys will get in the field soon! My dad is my hunting buddy and we I was in the service then college and a bit after it was difficult to get out there... but since we are like to peas in a pod and always make it out.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Postby Okie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:50 am

Glad your son is home so you can make some time together.
My sons just 12 and he's with me just about every time I'm in the woods. I'm sure as he gets older there will be times we can't get together to hunt, but I'm gonna try to hunt with him as much as I can, while I can. We still hunt with my dad some too, and my son killed his first buck this year while hunting with my father-in-law. Good times hunting with family. :campfire:
John Holman
www.bearcreekselfbows.com
Founding Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
"Preserving the Heritage of Primitive Archery"
>>>>>>------------------------------------->
Okie
Global Moderator

Postby Curve1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

My Dad is 82 now, he is still pretty active but he cany walk as good as he use to. He has had trouble with leg nerves...he could still go hunting but he thinks he's still on his honey moon :D , he got married about 4 years ago.
Okie, that's the way it was with me and him....he was with me everytime I went. That's great when familieshunt together.
Curve1
5X5 Bull

Postby Curve1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm hoping this will be my next hunting buddy....my 6 year old daughter, I'm going to get her a compound for her birthday ....that's what she wants, a compound, because her brother's wife [my daughter-in-law] shoots a compound.
Attachments
DSCN0565.JPG
Curve1
5X5 Bull

Return to Kid | Family Pics