My girls don't hunt....

Show off your pride and joy(s)

My girls don't hunt....

Postby Lance Coleman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Well my wife hunts with me. But my girls don't hunt........ But boy do they ever FISH!!

It's not what you do............ It's how you do it.
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: My girls don't hunt....

Postby TradRag » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:35 pm

hey... I need to know when the next fish fry is. I saw some thin mouths (crappie) being hauled it. Nothing better.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Postby Lance Coleman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm

It will be S-O-O-N Bryan!!

My youngest and my wife will go down to that lake (a friend owns it) WITHOUT ME! and catch drappie until they get tired. Then bring big whoppin messes of em home and start that "daddy please" stuff to get me to clean em.

My oldest?/ She's like her ol man. she wants something to bend the rod and strip line off the drag. ;)
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby robert n leeper » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:59 pm

lance you are one lucky guy... enjoy the fish...
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Postby Lance Coleman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Oh I know it Bubba... I feel truly blessed. beautiful like their mom, smart like their mom, stubborn and unwaivering like their dad. I couldn;t have asked for more.
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby markm » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Good pictures Lance....them young ladies look like they sure know how to get it done with a fishing pole....
I'd rather have 20 acres in the right spot to hunt than 2,000 in the wrong.
markm
Raghorn Bull

Postby Lance Coleman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Mark,

I took my oldest up to unicoi outfitters one day to get her a new fly rod. she gets it, gets her real spooled with the line..... she wants and walks out back to test it on the water.

There's like 5 guys out there getting "taught" how to cast by one of the guides...... one of the guides that was helping me set up Laurens rig walked out with us and before she even gets next to the water he automatically goes in to "OK now you'll want to keep your wrist straight and remember the hands on a clock in your cast........."

Lauren just sort of looks at him funny like she's confused with what he's saying while she's lolly whippin line out for a cast.two casts and three fakes later and she's doubling hauling her new 9' 5 weight 50' across the river bouncin a #8 wooly bugger off a rock the size of a basket ball..... and everyman out there's jaw is sort of dropped and they're watching her. well everyman accept me. her daddy swings a hammer for a livin.. he taught her how to gun line of a fly reel..... I just stood there and held that "'ats my girl" smile on my face. yea THAT one can handle a rod like a pro. the younger one?? she'll pierce ya ear if ya don't keep an eye on her!
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby BowHuntingFool » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Ahhh, thats good stuff Lance!!!!!!! Enjoy brother enjoy!
>>>---Joe---->

WhisperStik VoodooStik 58", 50#
Montana Longbow 64", 50#
Mohawk Longbow 64", 52#
Lyman .54 Deerstalker Flintlock
Lyman .50 GPR Flintlock

Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
NRA Member
BowHuntingFool
4X4 Bull

Postby markm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Lance Coleman wrote:Mark,

I took my oldest up to unicoi outfitters one day to get her a new fly rod. she gets it, gets her real spooled with the line..... she wants and walks out back to test it on the water.

There's like 5 guys out there getting "taught" how to cast by one of the guides...... one of the guides that was helping me set up Laurens rig walked out with us and before she even gets next to the water he automatically goes in to "OK now you'll want to keep your wrist straight and remember the hands on a clock in your cast........."

Lauren just sort of looks at him funny like she's confused with what he's saying while she's lolly whippin line out for a cast.two casts and three fakes later and she's doubling hauling her new 9' 5 weight 50' across the river bouncin a #8 wooly bugger off a rock the size of a basket ball..... and everyman out there's jaw is sort of dropped and they're watching her. well everyman accept me. her daddy swings a hammer for a livin.. he taught her how to gun line of a fly reel..... I just stood there and held that "'ats my girl" smile on my face. yea THAT one can handle a rod like a pro. the younger one?? she'll pierce ya ear if ya don't keep an eye on her!

I bet you was one proud pappa.....
I played around with a flyrod a little(cheap one)would like to get into it a little more this spring....may have to pick your brain a little on what to get,cause I don't know much about em at all....
markm
Raghorn Bull

Postby Lance Coleman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:50 pm

When I was stationed at LRAFB you could not KEEP me out of the lil red river. Thats where I learned to trout fish (aint no trout in La!!) I learned to fly fish pullin bass out of lilypads with a 9 wt.

When stationed at RAF Lakenheath I did a bit of fly fishin over there but it was sort of a pain (man they gotta lotta rules over there!). I still flip a fly rod here or there around here but to be honest the trout here aint worth my time. I have a 7'2wt sage LL thats alot of fun to slip up high in the mts. and fish native brookies with. but a BIG native born one is like 8" long.

There's a few bodies of water around here that can make me break out the 4 or 5 wt for trout. but nothing that can make me break out the 9.5 6 wt I used in arky tail waters. Most the time I just leave the trout to the tourist and the unicoi guides and go farther down river...... either break out the 6 and fish shoal bass, or go down another mile or so with the 9 wt and fish for stripers..... now wadin white water and catching stripers in rapids?? dang man thats more fun than when the hogs ate jr.

I do a bit of it in the summer. but dang man in Arkansas I was catching Browns at a caliber of size that would make me actually FISH the RUN which is late oct early nov!! man thats prime deer huntin time! Here?? Mid summer when it's hot and I wanna get wet I'll go fishin. :D Any other time ya put a fish in front of me and I'll shoot it :P
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby markm » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Lance,
aint much for trout here either....are a few places they stock in the Fall & Spring with rainbows but you can get your limit in about 15 minutes(10-14inchers),good place to takes kids to let em get in on some action,they'll hit anything that lands on the water...lol..The good place for catching big trout(rainbows & browns) was Wolf Creek Dam & the Corp of Engineers drained alot of it off to repair the dam,so aint sure bout the trout there anymore...I would like to get a flyrod & fish for some of them big bream & bass that are around here.....do you tie your own flies?
markm
Raghorn Bull

Postby Lance Coleman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm

It's like makin ya own arras mark. once ya start?? You'll tie everything. And even start sittin at the vise with this far off look in your eyes whilst ya think..... "I can tie a better pattern to catch fish in that lil honey hole."
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby 4finger » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 pm

How to go Dad! Looks like a great time with the fam...4finger
"It only takes 1 minute to make a lifetime memory...How much time are your kids worth?"
4finger
5X5 Bull

Postby VT Surf-N-Turf » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Nice, Lance. Very nice. Its good to have kids that can dress the table.
Traditional Bow Hunting: So easy a caveman can do it!
VT Surf-N-Turf
5X5 Bull

Return to Kid | Family Pics