First timers!

Show off your pride and joy(s)

First timers!

Postby mooseman1967 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Had some kids and adults at my house for the Holiday weekend that have never been around archery. So I got out the kid bows and Atlatl's for some fun. When it was all said and done I sent a BBI that I made a couple years ago home with one of the dads that had 3 boys ages 4 thru 10. Not sure but I think they're hooked including the dad! It was a long weekend parked on my knees trying to help the younger ones but it was sure worth it when none of them wanted to go home when it was time. After they left my son brought the grandkids for Sunday afternoon so I decided 2 year old Wyatt was due for giving it a try. Dave
Attachments
100_3146.JPG
100_3149.JPG
100_3150.JPG
100_3151.JPG
100_3163.JPG
100_3173.JPG
mooseman1967
4X4 Bull

Re: First timers!

Postby Greywolf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Looks like a great day, Sharing is what it is all about, maybe on day in the future they will remember this day and say, I want to shoot archery again that was fun.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby campcook » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:56 pm

We have a program in Oklahoma called Archery in the schools, and the number of kids that can participate is limited but talking to some of the principals they say archery has totally taken care of some of their discipline problems. If you don't keep your grades up or you're troublemaker you can't be in the archery program. We had several place in the top 10 at nationals, some this was their first year participating any archery events. Lots of smiles during interviews and they are getting exercise to boot pretty cool. I helped a young man at a church sponsored event he had never shot traditional gear but we had him hitting the target in no time. After watching him shoot I realized he was right handed but left eye dominant. Switched him over to left handed bow then he started hitting the bulls eye. A month later I gave him a self bow he is still grinning every time I see him . It don't get no better than that. Get them shooting young it will keep them outta trouble. :archer2: Alec
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby HalfDraw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Great pics! looks like a fun time.
Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member- National Wild Turkey Federation
Member- Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Austin Wiegert
HalfDraw
4X4 Bull

Postby full tiller » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:06 pm

That's really cool Mooseman. The young lady up top has pretty good form for a first timer.

My fav is the little guy in red. Looks like he's trying to aim through the arrow. HA! I love it!

Nothing better than seeing new archers take up the bow. It's rewarding when they hit the target for the first time.

I'll be bringing on two new archers this weekend and coaching a couple more I got addicted a while back. Can't wait!

Well done sir!
- Rick

Parker, CO
full tiller
Raghorn Bull

Postby Winter Hawk » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm

A great time on your knees. Not only in church, but with the kids also. :applaud:

I like that side quiver in the next to last photo! What is it, & where can I get one like it?

~Kees~
Winter Hawk
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby hcorrigall » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Great that you are helping the young ones get involved in a brilliant sport.
hcorrigall
Spike Bull

Return to Kid | Family Pics