Trav's back in Hawaii

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Trav's back in Hawaii

Post by Greywolf » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Aloha everyone,

Trav arrived back in Hawaii yesterday safe and sound, Kinda had a "Oh No" moment when my Mail Mistress said there was damage to a round package you got. The end cap had came off during the trip back to Hawaii.
But everything that was in there was suppose to be there.

For those of you that don't know who Trav is, He is a longbow that was born in Hawaii in 2007, And decided to take a long road trip to meet people, spend time with them.
Trav left Hawaii on Jan 22 2008 to start his journey to meet people and let them experience the joy fun and tribulation of Traditional archery with out any risk.
His travels took him from Border to border (even heard he snuck into Canada a couple times but I can't confirm or deny that), and coast to coast.

Trav and I want to thank all the Traditional folks that took such great care of him, I spent yesterday reading the Travel Journal and looking at pictures of his travels, He got to meet a lot of people.
I was impressed !

When the weather breaks and the rain stops, I'll take my boy out for a walk in the woods to get re-aquainted.

What a fantastic experience it was.

Till later, Have a good Bowhunt!

Greywolf
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Trav's back in Hawaii

Post by Aeronut » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Trav made a trip with me in November 2010 from Kansas to my cousin's place in west Texas. He launched a bunch of blunt flu-flu's at the water bottles scattered around the yard and even went on a couple of pig hunts.

Thanks Mark. It's a great shooting bow. It's fun to try out someone else's design.

Dennis

:archer2:
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Glad ya had him and enjoyed the shootin time
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

Frosty the Bowman
5X5 Bull

Post by Frosty the Bowman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:38 am

My family all enjoyed the time we got to spend with Trav up in Washington a while back. Great bow, great workmanship.
Made lots of great memories, he's always welcome to return sometime if he wants, I could introduce him to Idaho now.

Thanks for sharing him with all of us Mark. Your the best!!!!

Frosty

greenmountain
4X4 Bull

Post by greenmountain » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello Mark:Greetings from Vermont! I am glad Trav arrived home safe and sound.It was a great adventure that David and I enjoyed being a part of. We are still hunting and fishing together.
Bob
Native Vermonter and proud to be a sportsman

eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by eddie c » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 pm

I and a friend sure enjoyed him while bowfishing Reelfoot Lake. Glad to hear he made it home.
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1

zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Post by zeek from coon creek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi, Eddie, it's been a while since you've been around. It's good to hear from you.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

BillieGates
Spike Bull

Post by BillieGates » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 am

Greywolf wrote:Aloha everyone,

Trav arrived back in Hawaii yesterday safe and sound, Kinda had a "Oh No" moment when my Mail Mistress said there was damage to a round package you got. The end cap had came off during the trip back to Hawaii.
But everything that was in there was suppose to be there.

For those of you that don't know who Trav is, He is a longbow that was born in Hawaii in 2007, And decided to take a long road trip to meet people, spend time with them.
Trav left Hawaii on Jan 22 2008 to start his journey to meet people and let them experience the joy fun and tribulation of Traditional archery with out any risk. I always bought my compound bowstringsat proline because they have the best durability.
His travels took him from Border to border (even heard he snuck into Canada a couple times but I can't confirm or deny that), and coast to coast.

Trav and I want to thank all the Traditional folks that took such great care of him, I spent yesterday reading the Travel Journal and looking at pictures of his travels, He got to meet a lot of people.
I was impressed !

When the weather breaks and the rain stops, I'll take my boy out for a walk in the woods to get re-aquainted.

What a fantastic experience it was.

Till later, Have a good Bowhunt!

Greywolf
good to hear from you!