Dog Days

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
KsBow
Imperial (7X7) Bull

Dog Days

Post by KsBow » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Must be Dog Days of Summer...Not a lot of activity. The OJam FB site has taken some activity off TradRag. I try to frequent both. :applaud:
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO

zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Re: Dog Days

Post by zeek from coon creek » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:21 am

This site is pretty dead these days.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

McClura
5X5 Bull

Post by McClura » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 am

Everyone is laying low in some cool place.
I was thinking about driving up to Mojam last night and coming back Sunday just to visit.
Dang weather stopped that. We have several big storms in NE Oklahoma yesterday evening. Worked into this morning and went home for a few winks. Storm took down lines in Muskogee, Sapulpa, and surrounding areas. RocDoc- Doug Rutter is without power. Got a text from him this morning. I'm sure others in that area are in the dark.
Everyone stay cool and hydrated.

Mike
Oklahoma Selbow Society Charter Member
Member at Large-Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member-Kansas Bowhunting Association
Life Member-National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
You don't quit playing when you get old, you get old when you quit playing!

Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Aeronut » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:35 pm

We got a dose of those storms too Mike. I put in a 15+ hr day yesterday and did a 330+ mile zig-zag route to several substations. Tired as heck today.

I was thinking of going up to Mojam too. Got a state qualifier BMX race in Miami, Ok this weekend that I'm going to shoot so I'm headed there.
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Aloha My friends

Been out of the shooting for over a year.
I was suppose to have Major spinal surgery last month.(It'll take 2 nuro-surgeons to do it)
But due to the regulations our POS President has put on Private insurers, they can deny any procedure at any time for any thing.

I jumped through all sorts of hoops for 2 weeks, doing this test and that test and this follow up and 2nd opinion on this and that and also one other !!

Then on the last the day before surgery they employed Military standards of BMI which people are getting kicked out right and left over on the base I work on, and yes they got me too.
6'4" has to weigh between #232 and #249 I haven't seen that weight in 30 years !!
So at 6 Pm the night before surgery it was denied due to not meeting BMI standards.

So, I'm back to work, No surgery and still operating daily on a pain scale of 5-6.
Maybe in #40 from now, I can reapply and go through all thoses hoops again.

But don't give up on this little site, Remember, you need to write something, not just visit.

It was like my Pro shop I use to have, I still have people say to me,"I sure miss you not being there,
I use to love to come in a look at all the neat stuff" ! Well, looking and not buying don't pay bills.
Same as here (And yes, I'm guilty too) use the sponsors and just let everyone know whats going on.

I'm trying to get a Wounded warrior bow building project going here on my island.
I've only had 2 marines complete bows, but that's 2 more than not !!

Aloha Nui Loa

Greywolf
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

Winter Hawk
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Winter Hawk » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Sorry to hear that, Mark, what a bummer! Well, don't eat the pork or poi, just lots of vegies and try to get that weight down. We'll be pulling for you, brudda!

~WH~