Goin' in "Drag" on Saturday

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Goin' in "Drag" on Saturday

Post by zeek from coon creek » Fri May 06, 2016 8:53 pm

I plan on attending a living history encampment on Saturday. I'm going in "drag". This is the first time I've ever attended one of these dressed in period clothing. I've got a linen pull over work shirt. A breechclout made from a remnant of a red plaid pendelton wool blanket. The shirt tail comes almost to my knees so all that will be seen of the clout is maybe an inch or so. I've also got canvas leggings dyed brown and a pair of center seam moccasins. Oh, and a wide brimmed felt hat adorned with a turkey feather. I also have a woven sash and leg ties. I'm not camping this time because I haven't gathered up enough of the period correct things to do so. I've got to come up with a canvas tarp to make a plow point or diamond shelter. I need a couple of correct blankets and a tick to fill with straw. I've got my flint and steel and am well versed in making fire with it. I've got iron skillets a plenty but need an appropriate boiling pot and eating utensils. Anyway, I've always gone to these and thought "I'd like to do this" and I ain't getting any younger. If I'm ever going to take the plunge I'd better be getting on with it. I may try to get my camera set up with the timer and see if I can get a decent photo of myself in drag. If I do, I will post the picture.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

Winter Hawk
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Goin' in "Drag" on Saturday

Post by Winter Hawk » Fri May 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Pictures, definitely!

~WH~