Ran Into One of Our Own

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Ran Into One of Our Own

Post by zeek from coon creek » Sun May 01, 2016 7:28 am

I attended the 19th Tennessee Classic Bow Shoot yesterday. We (my running buddy and myself) almost missed it. It has always been the first Saturday in May which is next weekend. I happened to look onlne yesterday morning and discovered it was going on so I grabbed my bow and quiver and jumped in the truck and off I went to my buddies house. I found him in his taxidermy shop working on turkey plaques. He dropped everything and grabbed his bow and a few arrows and off we went. Problem was he had had his bow set up for fishing and when he removed the reel he forgot to put his quiver back on the bow. He realized it when we got to the shoot. So he wanted to buy a pocket quiver. We saw a booth on vendor row that had a lot of leather goods so we went looking. When I walked up the guy running the tent saw my quiver and jumped up excited and said "that's one of my quivers! where did you get that?" I told him "I ordered it from a guy online a couple of years ago." He said "that was me. I'm Oklahoma Leather Man." I said "I'm zeek from coon creek." and we shook hands. So, I have met K.C. in the flesh. It's kind of neat to run into someone you have corresponded with online. My buddy got a nice high quality quiver and we had a great time.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

McClura
5X5 Bull

Re: Ran Into One of Our Own

Post by McClura » Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 am

KC Is good guy. :77: I have known him a long time. He had a leather shop in Oklahoma City when I met him. I have a few things he has made and had him built a special holster for one of my pistols. He was at our Oklahoma Selfbow Jamboree in March and I got a couple of his items that he donated for prizes. He made some outstanding leather goods. Glad you guys made contact.
Mike in Oklahomat
Oklahoma Selbow Society Charter Member
Member at Large-Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member-Kansas Bowhunting Association
Life Member-National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
You don't quit playing when you get old, you get old when you quit playing!

Johnbow
4X4 Bull

Post by Johnbow » Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 pm

KC is a great guy and a good friend. He does nothing but great work. I have one of his reach-in quivers and I love it. :77: John (JohnBow) Cooke Ok.

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 am

KC is one heck of a good guy ! He has Talent I wish I had !!

Did you take Trav along with ya?
I'm ready to take him out and kill a Hawaii hog any time your ready.

Aloha

I'll PM the address

**Edited**
I have a feller that wants to build his own longbow, so Trav will stay with him till we get hiw bows built !

Never know he might change his mide again and want to build Trav's brother instead of a Takedown !!!
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii