TN/KY Border Getting Hammered

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

TN/KY Border Getting Hammered

Post by zeek from coon creek » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Well, the weather people would have us to believe that it's the apocalypse of doom but it's not quite that bad. It is a major winter weather event. I've got a good 6" of snow and it is still falling furiously. Reports are that some ten miles away up on the Highland Rim they've already got close to a foot. Fought my way to work this morning only to be sent home at 7:30 because too many called out. Finally got back home safely. Got a call about an hour ago asking if I could make it in tomorrow, they are wanting to run tomorrow to make up for today. I declined, citing the fact that I risked getting stuck or worse to get there today and they sent me back home. I'm not planning on getting back out until Monday. To those of you in the north and west, I acknowledge that compared to your snows 6 inches to a foot ain't nothing but a dusting but to us it's a blizzard. Hope everyone is staying warm and busy. I'm about to head down to my basement workshop to see what I can get into.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: TN/KY Border Getting Hammered

Post by Aeronut » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Stay safe Zeek. We just got a dusting of snow last night on top of some freezing drizzle here in SE Ks. It's all gone now. Temps got just above freezing and the wind took care of it.

Dennis
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am

Frosty the Bowman
5X5 Bull

Post by Frosty the Bowman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Stay safe Zeek my friend. Good idea to stay off the roads, no sense taking chances with your life.

I'm from up North where snow is a common sight this time of year, but still 6" on the ground with it still having more falling is a big deal to us too. We don't get that insane Lake Effect Snow like they do in the upper Midwest.

Enjoy the beauty that snow brings to everything. Take care,

Frosty

McClura
5X5 Bull

Post by McClura » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 am

It must be getting pretty bad in the Charlotte, NC area. Our company, OGE, sent Lineman, trucks and a Fleet support group to help Duke Energy in that area.
Just cold here. Hope everyone is safe and warm. Take care.

Mike
Oklahoma Selbow Society Charter Member
Member at Large-Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member-Kansas Bowhunting Association
Life Member-National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
You don't quit playing when you get old, you get old when you quit playing!

zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Post by zeek from coon creek » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Well, the snow has moved out of this area just a few flurries this morning. I ended up with an honest 8" on the ground with knee deep drifts in places. This stuff will be laying around shady spots for weeks. I walked out to the road to check on my truck and see if the county had done anything to the road. Nope. I saw tracks where a coyote chased a deer part way up my driveway then off into the woods. Lots of bird and rabbit tracks as well. Not much stirring today. I hope everyone is having a tolerable Saturday.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)