well,

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
Eddie
Spike Bull

well,

Post by Eddie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:08 am

I just had my first sleep clinic test last night. does anyone else have sleep apnea ?
I have my second test tonight using the mask. they want to see how I respond to it.

KsBow
Imperial (7X7) Bull

Re: well,

Post by KsBow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Eddie, my wife says I do. I've never seen anyone about it.
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO

Eddie
Spike Bull

Post by Eddie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:52 pm

my wife pushed me to get tested. I think she needs to be tested also but she would be harder to get in the door than I was.

we used to sit and watch Dad snort and jump in his lazy boy. he got tested several years back and has gotten better since he started on the machine.

Okie
Global Moderator

Post by Okie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Eddie, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 6-7 months ago. They said with severe sleep apnea a person stops breathing around 35 times a hour for more than 10 seconds... I stopped 69 times :eek:
Since I have been on the machine, I sleep better (as well as my wife) and I feel better. I used to come home from work and if I sat down it was over. I'd fall right to sleep in my chair. Now I hardly ever get sleepy during the day. It is kinda hard to get used to, but if you have sleep apnea, I recommend you get used to it. You'll be glad you did. Hope your insurance covers the machine, it's kinda pricey!
John Holman
www.bearcreekselfbows.com
Founding Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
"Preserving the Heritage of Primitive Archery"
>>>>>>------------------------------------->

Eddie
Spike Bull

Post by Eddie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

John, I would be hard pressed to buy the machine if my insurance didn't cover it. I checked with the insurance gal at work and co-workers that have one before I asked for the test.
I standing at the door right now waiting for them to let me in for tonight's test. They're supposed to put the mask on me tonight.

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 pm

I've slept with Esmerelda for over 15 years, she goes to bed with me every night, I don't care what state,city or country I'm in, she goes with me. I keep her right on top of my carry on, they do a rescan at TSA when they see her.
She is set at 10 Ml and hasn't moved for over the whole time.
I have a extra machine, I got brand new from a Guy I met in Texas on a hunting trip, he work at a medical supply place, he preset it at 10Ml, It was $100.00 plus shipping to Hawaii. That one has a 400 watt inverter that is run off a 12 volt battery. A full charged battery has lasted the whole 5 days of hunting on Lanai.
Course a quick change in the truck while it's running and a trip to the Archery hunting area will do a full charge for the day of driving then I change it back out and pack it away. Thought about a deep cycle trolling battery at Costco is only $85.00 the inverter was almost that much.

The C-PAP, will be a life saver. Snoring is know to cause heart damage.

My test showed I quit breathing 105 to 115 times per hour. Buy one out right. Your life is worth it.

If you use insurance for you Mask your co pay will be over $100.00, PM me I'll give you a site that charges $47.20 to your door for a mask and headgear, $51.50 if you want a new hose too.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

AirBreather
Spike Bull

Post by AirBreather » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 am

Last year muzzleloader elk season we and my partners camped at 10,000 feet. I choked awake all night the first night. It ruined last years hunt. I finally got tested and I am now using a machine. As the guy from Hawaii said, I will get a battery and inverter unless I find some other way, but I will hunt this year with my gear....

bigpete
Spike Bull

Post by bigpete » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:20 am

Yep I was diagnosed with it a few years ago ,I stopped breathing about 100 times an hour and my blood oxygen level was just over 50%, I was falling asleep during conversations,the works. Got my machine and I'm great while I'm on it,but I can't get to sleep at all without it,which is a bummer when I go away camping and hunting. My unit is set at 18.5 cm³ and was a cheap one,only most me $1100. The mask is $275 and the head strap,which breaks within a month,costs $70. Of course that's what its like in Australia !

eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by eddie c » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:34 pm

after they got my settings figured out, I'm doing fairly well with it. I don't have near as many naps during the day, my energy level is up, weight is slowly coming off. and the wife is sleeping better also. :mrgreen:

I have a trip coming up next week where I will need to take the trolling motor battery and inverter. I just wondering how long can I expect the battery to last. I will be needing it for 4 nights. I do have a 5 watt solar charger for the battery as a maintainer that will be along. that should help extend it but I don't expect it to completely keep it at full charge. I may be surprised.
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1