Caribou hunt cancelled

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
Rick P
4X4 Bull
Caribou hunt cancelled

Post by Rick P » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Some may have seen me mention it before, I was planning on a March caribou hunt this year. Well the head gasket in my truck is shot and so is the hunt budget! Always seems to be something doesn't it.
Just this Alaskans Opinion

Jesse Minish
4X4 Bull

Re: Caribou hunt cancelled

Post by Jesse Minish » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

That sucks but I know how you feel! Maybe next year huh.?.

Rick P
4X4 Bull

Post by Rick P » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:42 am

Might try the same trip by water starting near Purdue bay. I'd drive there then take a freighter canoe down the sagavanirktok river to the arctic ocean. Hug the coast till I got to the Coville river then run that up to my friends place.

Saving for a hawaii hunt next winter, get a brake from the cold.

LadyHawk
5X5 Bull

Post by LadyHawk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:26 am

Bummer!
The canoe hunt souds wild! Hope you get to go out.
Hawaii sounds even better. Bryce and I have our 10 year in a few weeks. I wish Hawaii was in our budget! I think Minnesota it will be. Even colder, but some skiing! Taking the kids to Colorado in June. Teva Mountain games are on. Bryce built the climbing wall for the games. Can't wait to show my kiddos the mountains their Daddy climbs.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity" John Muir

Rick P
4X4 Bull

Post by Rick P » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Tracy and I were already thinking about doing the canoe route, a lot will depend on weather.

Hawaii is actually cheaper for us to reach than our folks in Michigan. The airlines run some amazing specials in the winter and now that I know there is game to chase we are both getting excited about the trip. Tracy and I have our 10th this year as well. Colorado is beautiful you'll have tons of fun!