Got fingerprinted today.... FINALLY it came!

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
Double Tee
4X4 Bull
Re: Got fingerprinted today....

Post by Double Tee » Sun May 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Well,------ not allways :mrgreen: but when your looking at a big ole pistol on the cumputer and she is looking over your shoulder------! Believe it or not,she said to bookmark it and watch the auction and we would see?There are a few things in the bow racks and gun safes that MAY not have had permission.However,a lot of the things there were brought in by the boss as gifts so I guess I'm lucky? :D
John Quillin

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Mon May 11, 2009 9:59 pm

I'd say you were, John. I'd say you were.

My boss is pretty good to me. She's never told me no and I've never had to justify what I wanted, I just had to show her where the money was coming from! ;)

This is completely off this subject, but I just noticed at the top of where I'm typing, I have a choice of 'Font colour'. Not 'Color', but 'Colour'. Hhmmm...... :?
One stick, one string. What more does a guy need? Oh yeah, and something that makes LOTS of smoke when you pull the trigger!

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Mon May 18, 2009 10:35 pm

This might take longer than it used to. I was talking to a buddy today who needs to renew his CCW, and the word is to renew at least 3 months before expiration. :cry:
One stick, one string. What more does a guy need? Oh yeah, and something that makes LOTS of smoke when you pull the trigger!

TradRag
Site Admin

Post by TradRag » Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm

This is completely off this subject, but I just noticed at the top of where I'm typing, I have a choice of 'Font colour'. Not 'Color', but 'Colour'. Hhmmm...... :?
be sure and hold your pinky finger out too when you say it.. :D It 'supposed' to be universal English. :mrgreen:
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm

That's funny, Bryan! :lol:

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Re: Got fingerprinted today.... FINALLY it came!

Post by Whitewolf » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:30 pm

The letter came Wedensday, June 10th and I picked up the licence yesterday(Friday). I think I started this post on April 22nd, so that's about 7 weeks, give or take.

Now, if I can only find the handgun I want.

I've got one of these...
http://www.naaminis.com/naac&b.html
the regular, not the Super. It's a blast to shoot, but I wouldn't use it for personal protection. It's hard to hold and it uses 4gr of powder for a charge. I can't imagine trying to hold in in a 'situation'. BTW, a situation I pray never happens.

But, this is what I really want...
http://www.naaminis.com/32naa.html
I held a .380 and I like it. :D

xring
4X4 Bull

Post by xring » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm

I found out quickly that it is hard to conseal a weapon. So I've been looking at the smaller models. Here is the one I'm looking at right now but there hard to find since everybody is buying them up as fast as they hit the shelves.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_380_p.html
Last edited by xring on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Widow PSA III 57@28
Black Widow PSA X 52@28
Groves Spitfire Mag III 48@28
Toelke Whip 52@28
Deutsch Drahthaar

tv_racin_fan
Spike Bull

Post by tv_racin_fan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:47 am

You might try a Kahr CW9. I prefer the K9 myself but the wife has a CW and it aint bad at all.

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:32 pm

I got an email awhile ago showing a pic of Obama. The caption said something like 'The NRA's #1 gun salesman". Sad, but true. I've been able to find all kinds of rifle ammo. But handgun.....that's a different story.

tv_racin_fan
Spike Bull

Post by tv_racin_fan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:21 pm

I applied on June 30 and got it in the mail on July 13.

I dunno what the going rate for a ROA is in reality but I paid $280 and $380 for the two I have.

I haven't had a problem so much in finding ammo it is more about finding the particular ammo I want at a given time. Even 22lr for the most part I can not find any bulk pack.

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:59 pm

I was finally able to find the NAA .32naa I was looking for. It came last Monday. It's a really cool little thing! Heavy in the hand, good trigger pull and it barks like a junk yard dog!

Rick P
4X4 Bull

Post by Rick P » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:47 pm

trapperDave wrote:the one and only reason I never got one,,,I figure when the day comes they outlaw guns,they'll be knockin on your door first.

I dont/wont even buy new anymore. Gooberment doesnt need to know what I own!
Right on Dave!
Just this Alaskans Opinion

LARRY SIMMONS
Spike Bull

Post by LARRY SIMMONS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 pm

In Alabama it was 10$ and took io minutes.

tv_racin_fan
Spike Bull

Post by tv_racin_fan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 am

NICE!! In GA the going rate is right about $40 and some counties make them on the spot others it takes as much as 45 days. Mine was less than 15.

We have carried a few places, pretty much everywhere we have been since we got em but like last night the wife and I didn't carry since we had a drink or two. I haven't done the open carry thing but the son has a couple of times. Once was kinda not planned as such he just dropped his shirt and ran when I said we had to go right then, the other times he has carried a Remington 1858 clone and it is a bit much to conceal. He has carried a Ruger GP100 6" revolver in a shoulder holster and covered it with a shirt or jacket tho and no one seemed to be the wiser. He did get a couple of looks with that 1858 and one guy was a bit incredulous that someone would bother carrying a black powder revolver.

I also had a guy at the checkout at the grocer look at me kinda hard when he spotted my Kahr while I was grabbing my wallet, so far no one has said anything except the guy we told we had that 1858 with us. But really all he said besides something about carrying something that big was it explained why we were buying caps for black powder firearms.

Double Tee
4X4 Bull

Post by Double Tee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 pm

I mailed mine off on April 22nd ( see first post) I just got my finger prints BACK for not being good enough! It took the deputy over an hour to do it the first time to make sure they were right.Now Ive worked all sumer and my hands are just rough as an old boot,its just a frustration to deal with the govt,!!! sorry to vent but GOLLY!!!
John Quillin

Double Tee
4X4 Bull

Post by Double Tee » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Well,I got it in the mail today!!! Tookk from April 22 till Nov. 7th!!! OH WELL? :roll:
John Quillin

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Wow John! There's something really wrong with it taking so long.

Double Tee
4X4 Bull

Post by Double Tee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Well, for starters they got real backed up with applications! Then they sent the fingerprints back because I forgot to sign a line,then I got the prints back because they were not up to specs,I was working 12+ hours a day 7 days a week so I couldn't take off to redo them right till 1st part of Sept.I had to go a hundred mi. to get them done right,so after all that they got the paper work done and sent it to me! I was worried because the girl who took my prints the 2nd time said they wouldn't pass because I had no prints to speak of on my hands due to work, but since they were mostly cought up on proccessing they approved them. I read on the CCW website they were looking for any reason to send stuff baclk due to the backlog so I guess I lucked out on getting it as quick as I did! Almost everybody had that happen in the same time frame here in Texas! It sure was a hassle to get and expensive too after it was all said and done.
John Quillin

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 pm

I'd be interested to know how many more applicants over all, for all states, for a CCW there has been since last November. Say, verses the year before.

sheasmtn
Spike Bull

Post by sheasmtn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am

Here in AZ it takes 8 hours of class, followed by 5 shots at 5 yards & 5 at 10 yards. My wife & I were passed on the the practice target (2" groups for both of us). 2 weeks to receive the CCW in the mail. It is estimated that at any one time, over 50% of AZ citizens are legally armed. (Any non felon can carry an unconcealed firearm anywhere that is not posted. A loaded handgun on the dashboard in plain sight is legal, no permit required.)
Remember, without the 2nd Amendment, the Constitution is only a recommendation...
Member in good standing of the The Honourable Company of Horners.
www.sheasmtn.com

sheasmtn
Spike Bull

Post by sheasmtn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am

Whitewolf wrote:I'd be interested to know how many more applicants over all, for all states, for a CCW there has been since last November. Say, verses the year before.
Don't know the answer to that but I can tell you we had 2 quarter mile lines to get into the gun shows in Phoenix for more than 6 months after the elections, when before there was no line to speak of...
Remember, without the 2nd Amendment, the Constitution is only a recommendation...
Member in good standing of the The Honourable Company of Horners.
www.sheasmtn.com

Les
Raghorn Bull

Post by Les » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

there processing about 50,000 per month in florida.

They got so overloaded Florida opened 8 regional offices with high tech processing equipment. Forms filled on line at office, Fingerprints scanned and sent to FBI within a minute. Photo scanned and pages notarized. Total time 25 minutes. You call to make an appointment.

Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Aeronut » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 pm

My Kansas Concealed Target. Colt Combat Commander .45acp that I have had for many years and have carried many miles. Can't remember how long it took for the permit once I sent for it.

The six scattered ones were fired at 18 yards looking into the sun.

One of our governors vetoed concealed carry because he didn't want the police officers to have to worry when they made a traffic stop if the person was armed or not. What an idiot. If they didn't consider every person they stopped as being armed they were a damned fool.

Whitewolf
5X5 Bull

Post by Whitewolf » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Great shooting! And you're right, he's an idiot.

Bladepeek
Spike Bull

Post by Bladepeek » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I've been teaching a concealed carry class in Michigan for the last 5 years or so. I got my permit initially because of my dad. He retired from the Detroit police as a Detective Lt the same month I graduated from their academy. He tried until his death to get a carry permit from Mecosta county and they kept turning him down. When MI passed its "shall issue" statute, I got one as sort of a tribute to Dad. I don't carry as often as I should, but it's a great feeling being able to. It's also nice to be able to go to a gun show and find a pistol that I REALLY need and have my purchase permit right in my wallet. Of course that can get dangerous too, since the purchase has to pass the "common sense" test (and I'm not talking about my common sense).

Someone posted that they fired around 18 rounds. We always shoot well over 100. After the formal NRA requirements, we do some point shooting, one handed (strong side and weak side - your strong side wrist just got slammed in the door or stomped on). The one thing I hammer on all the way through the course is that MI law allows lethal force only to protect life and limb - not property. If some one is in my house, advancing on me and I feel threatened, he's dead and just hasn't realized it yet. If, however, both hands are full carrying my TV out the door, I'm going to call my friendly insurance agent and recoup some of those premiums I've been paying all these years. If I'm charged and ultimately beat the felony charge, I still won't have enough money left to buy any more arrows. I'd hate to see my recreational activities curtailed just to fatten a lawyer's pockets. Besides, I've been a cop, spent 10 years in the Amy and have already made up my mind that I would have to feel seriously threatened to pull the trigger.