Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Postby WinterHawk » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Have a great one, eat lots and remember to give thanks for all the good things we have. There are many people who look at the U.S.A with envy, who don't even have a shelter or know where their next meal is coming from, or when!

~WH~
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Postby zeek from coon creek » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. You are correct. We have much to be thankful for.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Postby Aeronut » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:36 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to do some bow work in the wood shop today. Tomorrow I'm headed for Tulsa (2 1/2 hr drive) to watch my youngest daughter race in the BMX Grand Nationals (bicycle motocross). Three years ago she won the #1 plate in her age group in the Race of Champions. Hoping for a repeat.

Then Saturday will be Thanksgiving dinner with my oldest daughter and granddaughter. Busy two days ahead.
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby WinterHawk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:42 pm

So how did she do? Inquiring minds need to know!

~WH~
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Postby Aeronut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 am

Heather had been away from racing for two years because of her job requiring her to work on Saturdays and some Sundays. Her schedule changed and she got back into it this year winning 1st place in the Kansas and Missouri state finals in her class.
The Race of Champions at the Grand Nationals is a different ball game all together. The moto she drew was against one ex-pro rider and three National Age Group riders who are stupid fast on a bicycle. She wound up with a 5th place finish in Cruiser Class.

It was a very long day and the mains didn't start until about 7pm. Over 570 motos were run that day. That's first moto, second moto, 1/8's, 1/4's, semi finals, and main event--570+ times in one day. During the races if someone hasn't crashed on the track there is one moto finishing, one halfway, and one starting. The gate drops just about every twelve seconds.

I left my house at 5am Friday morning and got home at 1:30am Saturday morning. A long day but I got to watch Heather and a lot of other people I know race and talk to a lot of friends during the day. On the way home I dodged a big buck sauntering across the road just two miles from my house. I don't need another front end rebuild. I haven't painted the car from the last one yet. :roll:
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to TradRag Den - General Discussion