Prayers Please

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.

Prayers Please

Postby Aeronut » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 am

Since most everyone got sucked into the Facebook void I'll pass on some info.

Please keep Ralph Renfro in your prayers. He suffered a stroke recently. Here is the info that has been posted by Terry Newman on FB.

April 6:
Shane Cordell posted this on Ralph Renfro's timeline 2 hours ago, and I can't share it, so I'm posting it here:

Please keep Ralph, Diane and Greyden in your prayers. Ralph had a setback this morning and was taken to Wesley Hospital in Wichita.

Update 2:50pm: Mike Hames has been able to talk to Di, and Ralph is having balance issues. They have admitted him, and are doing tests (inner ear, sinus cavities, etc). No word on if he's having other symptoms.

April 7:
Saturday pm update on Ralph: The Neurologist has confirmed that Ralph has had a stroke. It was a small bleed, which they are treating. He will need 3-6 months of rehab, and if you know Ralph, he's ready to start now. He told Di that he should be better by Deer Season.
Grey really wants him home now. He kept changing the status board in the room to indicate that Ralph was going home today.

April 9:
(Gary Dement) I just got off the phone with Diane. She said Ralph's pretty well paralyzed on his right side due to the stroke. They're satisfied the bleed has stopped and are working on where Ralph will be doing physical therapy. Her and Grey will be going back to Wichita today and staying at Kristen's, about 5 minutes from Wesley Hospital. Please continue to pray for them! I assured her God is greater than anything satan afflicts us with!!

April 10:
Tuesday evening update: Diane moved Ralph to a rehab center in Hutchinson. He will be getting physical, occupational and speech therapy 6 days a week. By being only 40 miles away, Diane and Greyden can resume going to school, and still be close enough to see and visit him in the evenings.
They would like to thank everyone for keeping them in your thoughts and prayers.

I will pass on any updates of Ralph that come along.
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Prayers Please

Postby Aeronut » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:31 am

This was Ralph's post March 28 on what took place.

March 28 at 12:05pm ·

I'll let all my friend know that I've kinda been snapped into reality. After returning from OJam XIV on Sunday evening, I proceeded to unload my pickup, which went smoothly. On Monday morning I went to coffee with my friends at the OFFICE, aka Lindsay's Pump and Supply. About 8:30 my right leg and right arm began tingling and suddenly I couldn't move either. I sat there quietly and after 4 or 5 minutes my phone rang and I made it outside to answer. I came home after that. Then at around 11:30 I grabbed a bite to eat and it did it again. I got out the BP cuff and I was 139/80 which is higher than normal. That too passed and I was fine the rest of the afternoon. Di and Greyden came home after 3:30. At about 4:45 I started fixing supper. After 5:15 or so we ate. Grey was done and Di was done and I was finishing up. Then another. This time stronger and longer. I could not move my right arm or hand or my right foot and leg. It was like they weighed a thousand pounds. I pointed with my left hand and told Dianne, with very slurred speech, "It's doing it again". She called the hospital and I made it to the car. Nascar drivers would have been proud of her trip to the hospital.
They
immediately did an EKG, the a CT scan of me head. They then slapped me in the hospital for monitoring. At 12:30 Tuesday morning they let me out to go to Great Bend for a Contrast MRI. Then this morning, Wednesday, I went back to Lyons for sonograms of my Carotoid arteries and heart. I have an appointment at 3"15 with the Doc to get some results and then tomorrow I'll have another CT Scan.
It's been really hard on Greyden, He wants PaPa home with him. So it's been a tense time and hopefully I'll hear some good results of all the testing later today. Preliminarily I think it was a series of "CIAs or Mini Strokes". Prayers gladly accepted.
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby WinterHawk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting that. Prayers are up for Ralph.

-Kees-
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Postby hawkthrower » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

Good vibes headed that direction from us-
"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher
hawkthrower
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Aeronut » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Terry posted this on the 12th.

Ralph Update: He is moving his affected leg and arm. They are stimulating his hand to get the muscles to fire. He speaks very clearly, but slowly. When he speeds up he begins to slur and stutter. All to be expected at this stage, but still very good progress this quick. He said that he has set a goal to be released to home from rehab in 7 - 10 days. You know Ralph....very determined. He is very appreciative of everyone's prayers and good wishes.
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Aeronut » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:57 am

Found this post on the 18th.

Ralph Renfro weekly update: Ralph is making great progress, and now they have set a discharge date of May 3rd. His speech is better, and 2 days ago they would only let him walk about 100 ft. Today he is walking 200 ft. His hand function is improving significantly, as on Sunday he could not open a alligator clip, and now he can. He can have visitors, (He is in Hutchinson hospital, in the rehab ward). Most days he is busy with some sort of rehab, but he can take calls in the evenings, (if you have his cell number).
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby WinterHawk » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks for the updates. I'll continue with paryer for him.

-Kees-
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Postby Aeronut » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Another update from Terry............

Another weekly update on Ralph: Talked to him last night, and he was in great spirits. They have started him on climbing stairs, and continuing his progress on walking. He is still having issues with his hand. He is still struggling with grasping items and he said they electrically stimulate the hand to open, and then change the electrodes to get it to close. He is looking forward to being discharged 1 week from today (May 3rd).
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
I am who the hell I am
Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby hawkthrower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 am

Go Ralph!!! you can do it!

Thanks for the updates Aeronut - We're all thinking of you Ralph and rooting for you to have a full recovery!!
"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher
hawkthrower
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to TradRag Den - General Discussion