Grizzly band saw

Post your gear or product reviews here.
stickandlimb
5X5 Bull
Grizzly band saw

Post by stickandlimb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:42 am

Ralph R ....told me that the best band saw was the Grizzly so i went on line and got one . I also got a belt sander while I was there .....To make a very long story short ...about 2 weeks worth of them......it came in 7 days before the tracking said it would .....it got signed off on by the hardware place I had it dropped off at.......because grizzly said it couldn't ship to a resident .....a fork lift had run through the middle of it and it took another week of Pictures ...e mails.....and phone calls...to get it returned...when my next one came in I was working night shift so I had my wife go get it.....she looked it over...at least what she could see and thought it was O.K. when I seen it it was upside down...when I turned it over I seen where a forklift had run through this one too.....called grizzly and they will send me a replacement part.......a lot of trouble.
Its all mind over matter..If you don't mind it don't matter.......

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Re: Grizzly band saw

Post by Greywolf » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 am

Sounds like the carrier not Grizzly. But they are replacing things that are damaged.
I want to get the 6X84 vertical sander, but it's one "toy" I can't justify the expense on right now,But soooon I will have one !!!!!
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

Okie
Global Moderator

Post by Okie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Wow, sounds like a lot of trouble... But it will be worth it. I agree with Ralph, Grizzly does have some good products. I've had a Grizzly 17" bandsaw for a couple years now and I'd give up every other tool I have before I'd give it up. I too want to get a 6x48 sander, but that's gonna have to wait. Hope you get everything resolved.
John Holman
www.bearcreekselfbows.com
Founding Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
"Preserving the Heritage of Primitive Archery"
>>>>>>------------------------------------->

stickandlimb
5X5 Bull

Post by stickandlimb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:39 am

I got the 6 by 48 sander ... I wasn't thinking..the sanding surface is only 22 inches . I wish I had it twice as big .
Its all mind over matter..If you don't mind it don't matter.......

BlackWidowTackle
TradRag Sponsor

Post by BlackWidowTackle » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 pm

That sucks!
www.blackwidowoutdoors.com
andrew@blackwidowoutdoors.com
(678) 694-7534
Stalker Tracker