BCO Members

Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma

Moderator: Raincrow

BCO Members

Postby bfulldraw » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Hello BCO members, from your President.
I did not realize there was a special place on Trad Rag for BCO business. I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough. Thank you Gary for pointing this out to me. :77:

I hope many of you are able to make it out to the 2011 Wildlife Expo at the Lazy E Arena. If you have not made it to this event, you owe it to yourself to come check it out. What a great opportunity to expose young people to outdoor activities. There are all sorts of activities for children young and old so pry your kiddos away from their video games and come and visit the Expo, you will be glad you did. :applaud:
Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
President Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
"Walk quietly and carry a quiet stick"
bfulldraw
Spike Bull

Re: BCO Members

Postby FullDraw » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Very well said, Bob. If you miss this event, shame on you. This is a great opportunity to fellowship with other BCO members and reach out to the archery community. Where else can you go that gives this much exposure and recruitment potential? One more day, see you there.
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby bfulldraw » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm

To all of the volunteers who helped tirelessly at the Wildlife Expo.......Thank You. :applaud:

There is probably no single event that we could be present at that gives us as much positive exposure as the Expo. Helping thousands of children, men, and women shoot a bow and arrow.......many of them for the first time ever has got to be one of the most rewarding things that we as members can do. It is hard work....bending, kneeling, picking up arrows, helping to hold little hands as they try out this thing that we love called archery. I loved every minute of it ! It is priceless to see the thrill on these faces...young and old alike as they send an arrow flying to it's destination. I have only one complaint.....we need MORE members present at this event !!!!!! I am only aware of one area representative that came and helped. Please forgive me if you are an area rep and helped and I was not aware. I am not here to criticise. But, people this is your organization !!!!! Get involved !!!! This should be our biggest event of the year. Please show your dedication to this organization and come to the Expo next year. Let the public see how commited the BCO is to preserving the sport that we love. The Expo happens the same weekend every year....the third weekend in Sept. MARK YOUR CALENDERS !!!!!!!! Let's see twice as many members helping out next year as there was this year !!
Once again....thank you to all that came and gave your time this weekend. You provided a wonderful service to the public and to the BCO. Thank you all very much.
Your President.......Robert Wiebelt
Last edited by bfulldraw on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bfulldraw
Spike Bull

Postby bfulldraw » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Please forgive the missed spelling on the previous post. I guess I need to slow down a touch.
bfulldraw
Spike Bull

Postby bfulldraw » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Just discovered the "edit" button. Maybe I got em all fixed.
bfulldraw
Spike Bull

Postby KsBow » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Bob, I was fortunate enough to get to meet the guys manning the booth at the expo. That's what any organization is about, Participation. You're right on the opportunity to promote BCO. A friend of mine drove all the way up from Texas to attend. Two hundred and thirty miles, he said. He told me he had never been to a better outdoor type show.
I was proud to join BCO at the Expo. I look forward to helping in any way I can.

Ralph Renfro
Chase, Kansas
Past President Kansas Bowhunter's Association 92-97
Present Member KBA, OSS, and now BCO :applaud:
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO