Hog hunt Lake Canton WMU

Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma

Moderator: Raincrow

Hog hunt Lake Canton WMU

Postby Oklahoma Leatherman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:25 pm

The Oklahoma Bowhunting Council is holding a hog hunt at Canton WMA on January 11th - 13th. Of information contact K.P. or Johnny Pappan. PM me for their numbers if you need them.

The hunt is for members of the Bowhunting Council or its affiliated groups such as OSS or the Oklahoma Longbowman. K.P. writes in the Okla. Longbowman newsletter, "As a club we might want to camp out and hunt on the south side of the river where we have hunted and camped in the past. Last time I was there there was a bunch of hog sign and we would have an area of our how to hunt. The council will have their hunt headquarters east of Canton Lake. You will want to check in there."

Directions: Just east of Canton highways 51 and 58 divide, with 51 going east and west and 58 going north. Take highway 58 north to the town of Longdale. Turn west on the first street on the south side of the town of Longdale. Go west about 1-1/2 miles to the campsite.

If the weather cooperates plan to come out and join us for some fun camping and hunting!

Hope to see you all there,

K.C.
K.C. Kreger
SW Rep Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Custom Leathercrafter
www.swingingkdairygoatfarm.com
"Democracy is two wolves and a
lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well armed
lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
Oklahoma Leatherman
TradRag Sponsor

Re: Hog hunt Lake Canton WMU

Postby KsBow » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:40 pm

KC, I would like nothing more than to chase pigs at Canton. Unfortunately I'm homebound right now. Don't think Ms. Di is ready for me to be off galaventing around chasing lil porkers. Maybe in a couple of months. Sure sound like it would be a great time. It's gonna be cool enough that meat won't spoil and that's a good thing. Hope you make it and you all have good luck. Tell everybody hi for me. :applaud:
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO
KsBow
Imperial (7X7) Bull

Return to Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma