Finished this possibles bag for a friend

For all of you making your own gear! i.e. Possible bags, powder horns and measures, etc.

Finished this possibles bag for a friend

Postby dhaverstick » Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 am

I finally got this possibles bag done for a friend of mine. He is a silversmith and we were doing some bartering. He made my wife some jewelry and I made him this bag. I would have had it done a month ago but turkey season got in the way and threw me off schedule.

The dark brown leather in the bag is made from an elk hide another friend gave to me. The saddle colored leather is bison. The cream leather is deer and I burned the sketches onto it with a pyrography tool. The scaled leather around the deer is tanned carp hide. The D rings and buttons were carved from moose antler. Everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew.

Front: I didn't want to detract from the deer skull so I used rare earth magnets as the clasping mechanism. They are sewn into the leather.

Under the flap

A bit of advertising on the back

There is a shallow pocket on the inside of the bag with a piece of elastic sewn across just above its opening. The silversmith wanted a place to store his speed loaders in an upright position and I thought this design would accommodate that.

Darren
dhaverstick
Spike Bull

Re: Finished this possibles bag for a friend

Postby Captchee » Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 am

wow, thats dam nice :77:
Captchee
Global Moderator

Re: Finished this possibles bag for a friend

Postby Winter Hawk » Thu May 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Now THAT is lovely! :77:

~WH~