Any one ever seen one of these?

Show'em off or Show us how. Let's heat some metal!
Boswell
Spike Bull

Any one ever seen one of these?

Post by Boswell » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Anyone seen one of these hawk/knife sheath combos that the guy who is squatted down is wearing? Know of any plans to build one or where to get one?
Attachments
Hawk.jpg
"Everyone likes a little, but know one likes a smart one."

jcporter@work
5X5 Bull

Re: Any one ever seen one of these?

Post by jcporter@work » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 am

Looks to me like the handle of the hawk is stuck under the belt. The knife sheath is a pouch type with the attachment for the belt proably sewn on the back of the sheath. Probably not hard to come up with a pattern where you take a pouch sheath and extend the back to accomidate the sheath for the hawk. I would just lay the knife and hawk on a piece of poster board and figure out how you want then to be oriented and trace around them. Then trace a pattern for the top pieces of each. Another option is to incorporate a loop for the handle of the hawk into the knife sheath and then make a cover for the hawk. That is what I'm thinking of doing on a sheath I'm working on. That way you can change hawks if needed.
"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson
or as Charlie Daniels says
"Let's ride boys ... we need a thousand Paul Reveres

quiet man
Raghorn Bull

Re: Any one ever seen one of these?

Post by quiet man » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm

When I used to throw knives some, I carried 3 throwing knives and two hawks, had a simple flat sheath that held the 3 knives about 5" wide 10 " long, had a slot on each side through which I ran a belt in and out so the belt is on the outside of the sheath, then just tuck the two hawks under the belt. Pretty simple design but worked.