Riser Delaminations and Limb Stress Lines

Repair, refinishing, restoration, how-to's, etc.

Riser Delaminations and Limb Stress Lines

Postby TBow » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 am

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Cracked riser
by bowdoc on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 am

Tbow if there is any gap you can see or feel with your thumb nail there about a 99% chance that loc tite 420 will repair it.Loc tite 420 has wickablity meaning it will draw itself into the gap if there is a gap.Would it be possible for you to load a pic or two.You can also repair the stress cracks with 420 and a syringe ? bd

I took a couple pics to show the stress lines and delaminations:

I can just barely feel the delamination lines with my fingernail. If I spread the loctite over the delamination lines, then used a hairdryer to help the loctite wick, would that help?

I also wondered if I used the Loctite 420 on the limbs, does it have enough elasticity to allow for movement with the limbs? If it becomes brittle when dry, will it crack when the limb is flexed?

TBow
TBow
Spike Bull

Re: Riser Delaminations and Limb Stress Lines

Postby bowdoc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 am

first I would run just a tiny bit of black india ink into those cracks(not a felt tipped pen).That way if there is a bit of a gap in the crack the ink will stain them black.You can use something like a dental pick and very gently pick the cracks clean just a little.That helps the india penatrate and LT wicks itself into the gap.Then I would go with the 420 and yes the 420 will work fine on the limbs and riser bd
bowdoc
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Riser Delaminations and Limb Stress Lines

Postby WillAdams » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 am

The images are gone.

Would these line be repairable using Loctite 420 and india ink?

Could I put a drop of Loctite 420 on a place where the finish is nicked or would something else be better? (What sort of finish would be used on a Gainesville bow w/ green tips?)

William
WillAdams
Spike Bull

Return to Restoration and Repair