Better Late than Never. Matt finished OJAM bow-finally!

Oklahoma Selfbow Society
docmann
5X5 Bull
Location: Cheyenne and Arapaho Nation, Okla Indian Terriitory

Better Late than Never. Matt finished OJAM bow-finally!

Post by docmann » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:09 pm

image.jpg
Was glad to see Matthew enthused about finishing his spring bow after only 5 1/2 months. He made a good run at it during OJAM, but between school, friends, vacation, mowing, football, etc., this nice take-down bow took a back seat over the rest of the spring and summer. It's all I could do not to finish it for him, but I did have to recently remind him that we're less than 6 weeks from the most wonderful time of the year.
Still needs a little cosmetic work, but this two-piece pulls 50# at 29" (can't believe his arms have about caught up to mine). That draw weight will take care of most bears in Ontario, and any whitetail in our county. Recognize the billets, Tommy?
Let's get ready guys, it's almost time to suit up for our October engagement with the great outdoors. Got a little snack last month in Canada, but I'm ready to match wits with what Fred Bear referred to as the archer's greatest challenge, the fleet-footed, wily, and cunning Whitetail, with maybe a little Rio Grande on the side.
Hope to see most of you at ODWC Outdoor Expo later this month. Remember, this probably represents our second largest public event, and perhaps our biggest in terms of exposure to new blood.
image.jpg
NorthWest Representative and proud member of Oklahoma Selfbow Society

McClura
5X5 Bull

Re: Better Late than Never. Matt finished OJAM bow-finally!

Post by McClura » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:27 am

Very nice. Looks almost like the one I have in progress. I have been working on it since the Rendezvous. I like the profile of it drawn. Should be a shooter. I have found that the one I'm working on is very quite with the weight in the handle like that. I'm working on cutting a piece of leather for my grip and making a leather rest. I'm planning on putting some skins in it maybe at the Expo.
Good job Matt! :applaud:

Mike
Oklahoma Selbow Society Charter Member
Member at Large-Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member-Kansas Bowhunting Association
Life Member-National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
You don't quit playing when you get old, you get old when you quit playing!

Dingus
5X5 Bull

Post by Dingus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Nice job Matt! I know you've made your Papa proud. And I know he can't wait to get you into those Onterio woods. There's a big bruiser in those woods that has one of your dad's stone points. You need to get that point back!

See you soon!
Mike Magee
Past President, Oklahoma Selfbow Society

"How blessed is the man whose quiver is full...." Psalm 127:5

campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by campcook » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Matt I don't blame ya for takin your time Ol'Dad was probally wantin to take your bow bear hunting. Alex

docmann
5X5 Bull
Location: Cheyenne and Arapaho Nation, Okla Indian Terriitory

Post by docmann » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:40 pm

image.jpg
Don't go to putting those ideas in his head, Alex. Besides, I would have taken good care of it!
NorthWest Representative and proud member of Oklahoma Selfbow Society