Here kitty kitty..

Post your trailcam pics here or see what others are catching on film!!
Les
Raghorn Bull
Here kitty kitty..

Post by Les » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 am

There are only supposed to be 80 to 100 in Florida. This is the first time anyone can remember getting one on film where I hunt.

Iphone picture from TV while reviewing card.

TradRag
Site Admin

Re: Here kitty kitty..

Post by TradRag » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 am

Watch your back! Great pics. You know the Native American Indians (or some brave hunters) would hunt and stalk the Mountain Lion (cougar, puma) and use it as the ultimate quiver sine the tail was long enough to make the strap.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

mountainrifle
5X5 Bull

Post by mountainrifle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 pm

those are amazing animals, are you allowed to kill them in florida? :|
I love the smell of Blackpowder in the mornin'

Newkirk Jerry
5X5 Bull

Post by Newkirk Jerry » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Watch your back indeed. Sure would make it spooky going to your stand in the dark huh?

KnightsTouch
Spike Bull

Post by KnightsTouch » Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Careful out there. Nationwide, 14 attacks per year. What a rate jump as before 1970, which was 3 per year. Not likely, but caution is a concern of an attack. The idea is to deter their attack by making them think that it isn't going to be easy for them. Pick up a branch or a rock to help fight them if needed. They are just big kitty-cats, so you don't want to appear as smaller prey to them. In particular, running away makes them think you are prey, and will encourage an attack. However, you may not have to worry about taking action to prevent an attack, since mountain lions ordinarily either lie hidden, waiting for prey to approach beneath them, or approach unseen, and then attack and kill by a bite to the back of the neck that severs the spinal cord.

CeruleanSky
Spike Bull

Post by CeruleanSky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:42 pm

There has never been a report of a Florida Panther attacking or killing a human. It has been studied and said that it is not in their nature. Their cousins the Mt. Lion is a different story though. I use to see a tough Panther and his tracks on my property often, then not a trace, I have not seen him for over three years now. I could always recognise him because his tail was only about seven inches long. They are a protected speicies and are not allowed to be hunted. Except for the Mikasukee, and Seminol Indians who are allowed to kill them for their traditional cerimonies. I have seen two dead on the road, the result of cars. I will always remember the first time, I thought I saw a dead kangaroo.