A place to show your work. Building quivers, arrows, trade points, possibles bags, powder horns, hunting gear, period clothing, turkey calls, knives, flemish strings, armguards, bullet boards, forged or cast hardware, furniture, hats, etc.

Postby marsport » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:11 pm

New to the forum. My sons and I have been shooting traditional for several years and now we want to try our hand at building a bow. We are planning on coming to OJAM in 2014. I have friends that have been before, just need some help in even getting ready to go. Staves..? what kind? where do you get them? have I got time before OJAM? Tools? Does is cost money to go to OJAM? Sorry for what seem like stupid questions. but gotta find out somewhere.
marsport
Spike Bull

Re: Newbie

Postby campcook » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Ojam is free we do have fund raisers during the weekend. Jerry Stover in Yukon usually has staves available and we normally have 2-3 other vendors selling staves including Jerry. Some come on out and join the family. Alex
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Newbie

Postby FullDraw » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Marsport, we do ask you to join the Oklahoma Selfbow Society to build a bow. I believe an individual membership is $20 or family membership at $30. You can look in the OJAM subforum in the Oklahoma Selfbow Society forum for a list of tools you can start gathering before OJAM. We would love to have you come and will do everything we can to help you build a bow.
You might want to introduce yourself in the New Members forum, also.

Gary
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Craftsmanship and Smithing