Bolt on quiver - Build a long

A place to show your work. Building quivers, arrows, trade points, possibles bags, powder horns, hunting gear, period clothing, turkey calls, knives, flemish strings, armguards, bullet boards, forged or cast hardware, furniture, hats, etc.

Re: Bolt on quiver - Build a long

Postby Greywolf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:30 pm

And the glue you used to glue metal to leather was............?

And the width of the metal bracket is an inch? so there is room to do a ................. stitch?
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby Oklahoma Leatherman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

I ordered the gripper and foam hoods from Mike at the Nocking Point. He is a sponsor here on TradRad. Mike is the one I use for all the traditional archery related items I order. Hard to beat his price and service!

I use Barge Cement. It is by far the best contact cement I have ever used on damp leather. If Barge is not available in your area you can try other types of contact cement. I saw that Lowe's sells a brand of contact cement I would assume for putting down thin counter top material to wood? It was right next to the Tite Bond glues.

For the stitch on the brackets I started off with a needle on each end of my thread (braided artificial sinew in this case) and simply crossed the needles over from left to right and right to left while doing a whip stitch. Does that help?

K.C. Kreger
SW Rep Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Custom Leathercrafter
www.swingingkdairygoatfarm.com
"Democracy is two wolves and a
lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well armed
lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
Oklahoma Leatherman
TradRag Sponsor

Postby Greywolf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Yepper, sure does !! Thank you and Thank you for a fine build a long and the Pocket Quiver that arrived in the Mail today.

Alpha female saw the catalog and said, can he get this stuff? (pointing at the purse kit) so, I have a feeling I'll be working overtime to pay for her new found "I want to do this" obsession.
but Like they say, "If momma's happy everyone is happy" :applaud:
I'll probably be ordering a couple of the Hunting belts too, customized of course for the wolfpup. What a day! :dance:
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Craftsmanship and Smithing