HELP if you guys dont mind

Dedicated to the Bowyer and his craft. A place to talk building techninques, design, and build-alongs.

HELP if you guys dont mind

Postby jmichelin84 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:03 am

Hello all I am trying to build my first laminated bow, Im thinking a RD bow but not sure, I also am thinking of a two piece but probably will stick with a one piece.
I would like black and yellow coloration or just plain black, I am getting eye boggled with trying to figure out what too choose, I am aiming for a 40 - 45 LBS bow at 28 inches
I would use the materials listed below:
Riser: Black Onyx Super Action Wood or Dymondwood, black phenolic, and Maple or a yellow colored wood accents.

Limbs: Stabil-Kore or a carbon core between foam lamination's if i can get it, if not Action wood in a black color, and finished with black fiberglass. Tips are black and golden Yellow G10 Fiberglass
Accents: Two Maple or a yellow colored wood with black phenolic center.
Handle Accents: Maple or a yellow colored wood with Black Onyx on top.

If you can give some advice id love it, or if you can help me figure the thickness of the lamination's i need for the strength bow im after, that would be greatly appreciated aswell as if you could help me find the materials
Living off the land with tools that you have created yourself, is life its self, quote from my Grand Father
jmichelin84
4X4 Bull

Re: HELP if you guys dont mind

Postby Greywolf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:59 am

I'd give Binghams a call,
Elmont can set you up with plans all the way to the laminations to build it at your request length and draw weight.
The only thing he can't do is build it for you. It'll be a great summer project.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Return to The Bowyers Workbench