Cryo treating barrels

Dedicated to the Gunsmith and his craft. A place to talk building techninques, design, and build-alongs.

Cryo treating barrels

Postby Lobo74 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 am

I am thinking of having the Jukar barrel of the CVA Kentucky rifle kit I am working on cryo treated. The barrel is still in the white with the breech plug factory installed. What would be the best configuration to have the cryo treatment done? My initial thought is with the breech plug installed and in the white, blue it after treatment. However, this is my first experience with a black powder rifle, and with a kit. Any experienced folks who can advise on this? Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can share.
Lobo74
Spike Bull

Re: Cryo treating barrels

Postby Captchee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:16 am

sorry it took so long LOBO ,its been crazy the last week .
myself i wouldnt spend the money . spend the time and money learning what your rifle likes to shoot . you and your gun will be better for it in the long run
Captchee
Global Moderator

Re: Cryo treating barrels

Postby Lobo74 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 pm

Captchee,

Thank you for your valued input. I thought it might be overkill to cryo this barrel, but appreciate an expert's advice. Sorry it took me so long to say Thank You - been busy enough here that I haven't been on the forum in a long while.

Thanks again.
Lobo74
Spike Bull

Return to The Gunsmiths Workbench