Chrono'd a Stalker Coyote FTX today

Selfbows, Longbows, Recurves, Hybrids

Chrono'd a Stalker Coyote FTX today

Postby TradRag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Playing with the chrono again. :archer2:

"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Re: Chrono'd a Stalker Coyote FTX today

Postby WinterHawk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm going to have to borrow my chrony back and use it with my archery gear; I've never tried that before and it would be interesting to see how fast my arrows are... and how consistent my shooting is!

~WH~
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Re: Chrono'd a Stalker Coyote FTX today

Postby WinterHawk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 pm

I got the chronograph back from where it was loaned to and ran some arrows through the screens. Bows used were my 50 year old recurve of 45 pound draw weight, 58" AMO length, and my Bear Montana of 50 pound draw weight. Arrows were 2016 aluminum, 30" long with 125 grain field point, 4" fletching.

I first shot 6 arrows with each bow, noting the speeds for each shot and letting the machine carry the average (clearing the memory when I switched bows, of course). The recurve averaged 134 fps with a low of 131 and a high of 136 fps. The Montana averaged 136 fps with a low of 132 and a high of 139 fps.

I then ran 24 shots with each bow, letting the chronograph accumulate the averages. Of each batch there was one which gave an error message, so the averages were for 23 shots each. The final results were 134 fps for each bow.

I'm not sure what to make of that, but there it is. :archer2:

~WH~
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Return to Traditional Archery