deer deer and more deer

Discuss you Big Game adventures here. Moose, Sheep, Bear, etc.

deer deer and more deer

Postby robert n leeper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

the year before last was a funky kind of year. my first deer ran out in front of my stand ran across the field into the road where a person i knew hit her with his pickup truck. I didn't even get a chance to nock up . But hey roadkill was the order
of the day , i took her home and skinned her out and got a good deal of meat from her and sent the hide to a former friend to stretch and tan for me. i went back a few weeks later to get the skin, taking a hind quarter with me. I was informed that the hide wasn't any good and he tossed it. ... a few weeks later i got word that theformer friend had been seen at a local
music venue selling deerhide wallets, and i went to check out the music that evening. when i saw my former friend, he freaked out, calling me every name in the book. and i hadnt said one word to the man. amazing how people fly off the handle
when i couldn't prove anything anyway and making a scene isnt my thing. but i knew deep down that hed not been honest with me. A few other people have since told me that my former friend was going around spreading lies about me and others in the hunt club. i just shook my head and didnt say anything. About a week later my former friend got into a wreck in a
truck he'd borrowed killing the passenger inside with him. he was drunk on wine, and was charged with death by motor vehichle a felony . this summer he was convicted and sent away to prison. but three months later he's back home. word came back to me when i was pulled over by one of the local deputies in november that my former friend had made a deal with the district attorney. My vehicle was searched by a drug dog, and the deputy told me that all the members of the hunt club were being pulled . being a security officer, and a good friend of the deputies, i leveled with him . i got too much to lose messing with that crap . a man can lose his home, his property and everything else he's worked for messing with that stuff. then i told him that i didn't keep tabs on people in the club, and minded my own business. heck i dont even drink
alcohol except wine with dinner and then only a sip or two on special occasions.
"we have to check," deputy cooke said.
i left later, the deputy only doing his job. the excuse they use too often.

november comes around and the former friend comes to my house looking to hunt on my land. No longer a member of the hunt club, and a convicted felon to boot, hes got no business with a firearm especially on my property . He asks me if i would turn him in for possession of a fire arm. i told him it was none of my business what he did, but if i found him on my land with a gun there would be a heavy price to pay. i told him that the club lost the lease to hunt the area we normally hunted. and he had the nerve to tell me he'd fixed it so none of us could hunt the land, telling the landlord that they were all drunks and drug dealers.
1600 acres down the tubes, and this guy wants to hunt my property ???? i told him to stay clear of my land and me. so a few days later im out bow hunting and i hear blam blamblam someone shooting close to my property. I cautiously take a look and this idiot is shooting a .270 ten feet from my property (on land his stepfather owns. for the next few days he's out there shooting his rifle and put a blind up adjacent to my property. i didnt say a word, kept my cool , hoping someone else would report thisidiot ... maybe someone will, but i want nothing to do with it.
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Re: deer deer and more deer

Postby born2hunt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't know, seems that if you have a convicted felon carrying a firearm next door, it is your business and you should turn him in.
Just my 2 cents.
Good Huntin' Image
born2hunt
5X5 Bull

Postby howler » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:06 pm

The guy dose seem like a waco, I thinkk you would be avoiding trouble in the future if he wasn't around. never can tell what klind of heart ache you will be avoiding
howler
Raghorn Bull

Postby robert n leeper » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:59 pm

he was on parole which he violated and got caught with drugs and his rifle and he went back to prison for 5 years on the first week of december. He called my house from prison. said he needed to get in touch with his momma. I told him his momma lived next door, not here and hung up on him. he called back and begged my wife to tell his momma to take his phone calls. aparently she wants nothing to do with him either...goes to show what kind of people i have to deal with constantly...
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Return to Big Game