The Hogs are back...** Pics added**

Discuss you Big Game adventures here. Moose, Sheep, Bear, etc.

Re: The Hogs are back...** Pics added**

Postby Greywolf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah they are,
Took the Apprentic on a walk about the ranch to fill feeders and repair some blinds.

First stop was "The Stands", this feeder doesn't have a funnel in the bottom of the bucket, looked empty but shook the feeder and corn filled the feeder, still had about 2 inchs of corn in the bucket. The shaking of the feeder bout 2 minutes later brought in a #40 hog on a dead run to the feeder, saw the hog, gave keawe the Shhhhhhh finger and pointed.... the hog came to skidding stop at 15 yds and looked dead at us, stood there for 5 seconds then high-tailed it outta there,
Poured in a #25 bag of corn, put the lid on, shook the bag with little corn in it pour that out on the ground and went 20 yds down wind to watch, saw 2 more nice size hogs in the Hau thicket, 3 hogs in 5 minutes it's gonna be a good place to hunt hogs.

From there did a walk-about to check the ranch for other sign, it's gonna be a good fall this year for sure.
Made a couple repairs at the PIT to the condo, and showed him the lay out of the PIT. took a couple of pics and headed to the upper stands. This feeder is still empty, so we put out some fruit to see if there is any hog activity in the uppper area, will check it later this week to see.

He was excited to see hogs and all set ups on the ranch, He just passed the Hunter Safety course Saturday so he's pacing waiting on the card to arrive so he can get his lic.
On the way out of the ranch we saw 4 nice hogs next to the road, all 4 were in the #100 range weight wise, 1 spotted tan and black the other were tan and darker brown

All in all 7 hogs seen and total weight of hams walkin I guesstimate over #500 of meat. it's gonna be a good time on the ranch.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby >>>---DW---> » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:59 pm

sounds like you better bring in some backup. I have snuffers and will travel.
>>>---DW--->
4X4 Bull

Postby eddie c » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:48 am

>>>---DW---> wrote:sounds like you better bring in some backup. I have snuffers and will travel.

X2. :mrgreen:

(now where is the plane fare money?????? :( :( )
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby WolfmanjohSSK » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:24 am

Yeyah. Thanks Eddie C. The knife was exactly what I needed for my hunting adventures. I got to see a couple of hogs this past weekend and now i'll be able to stock around the island now that I just got my hunter's ed card. :dance: :dance: HERE PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY ;)
WolfmanjohSSK
Spike Bull

Postby eddie c » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 am

WolfmanjohSSK wrote:Yeyah. Thanks Eddie C. The knife was exactly what I needed for my hunting adventures. I got to see a couple of hogs this past weekend and now i'll be able to stock around the island now that I just got my hunter's ed card. :dance: :dance: HERE PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY ;)

I'm glad you like it. now go bloody an arra and get ta blade dirty. :mrgreen:
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby TradRag » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am

WolfmanjohSSK wrote:Yeyah. Thanks Eddie C. The knife was exactly what I needed for my hunting adventures. I got to see a couple of hogs this past weekend and now i'll be able to stock around the island now that I just got my hunter's ed card. :dance: :dance: HERE PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY ;)

Pics Man! We need pics! :mrgreen:
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Postby Greywolf » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 pm

We were just fillin feeders when we saw these. and the others were along the road, not for sure if they would venture over onto the ranch. kinda far for them to make it to my area.

Will try and do a video or at least go hunt this week and take some LDPs.

Gotta remember I have camera shy hogs !!! :rolf:
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Big Game