introduction by the halfbreed [ choctaw & irish ]

Post your stories, pictures and experiences of Big or Small Game harvest.

introduction by the halfbreed [ choctaw & irish ]

Postby halfbreed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm

i would say i'm just getting back into traditional hunting but been at it for a while just no guns or bows lol but do to my age and health have started re-working my hounds to bay and shoot over , instead of having to wrastle game . just bought a couple smoke poles [ cap & ball ] and plan on using them often for small and large game . found and love this site were i have found like minded individuals . the only deer i've ever killed many moons ago was with a thompson center 54 cal hawkins i built from a kit . that gun is long since gone but not the memories . i hail from northeast texas around the canton athens area for now but will go back to central texas some day . here's a few photo's gonna try and post . and hello to all .

period correct pure plott hound

thanks for the site plan on being here often hatak at ofi piso
Hattak At Offi Pisa
halfbreed
Spike Bull

Re: introduction by the halfbreed [ choctaw & irish ]

Postby stickandlimb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Im Irish Cherokee so at least we are half brothers...........great great grand dad came over on a boat............welcome :campfire:
Its all mind over matter..If you don't mind it don't matter.......
stickandlimb
5X5 Bull

Postby Oklahoma Leatherman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Welcome! :campfire: Nice hounds.

K.C.
K.C. Kreger
SW Rep Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Custom Leathercrafter
www.swingingkdairygoatfarm.com
"Democracy is two wolves and a
lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well armed
lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
Oklahoma Leatherman
TradRag Sponsor

Postby FullDraw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 am

Welcome to the fire. That's a nice looking Plott, looks like you've also got a walker and I can't tell what the other dog is. They appear to be doing you a fine job on hogs. I used to run coons a lot, but got to where I couldn't follow the dogs on these old legs.
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby halfbreed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm

thanks to all . the walker looking dog is actually a catahoula , but is most likely a throw back from early crossing years ago. and the black dog is one of the older cur style plott's before all of the hound infusion took place . i been chasing dogs all my life for tree climbing critters and rabbit . but due to the man made hog problem we have in texas i had to start killin pork in self defense . would normally catch and tie them to be sold but this was a big ol young barr hog , that in my opinion was ready for the smoker lol . but like you fulldraw i am getting too old and broken down these days lol so gonna just start baying and shooting i did make me a spear to dispatch with so i won't have to bend over much lol [ bad sacraliliac ] gotta couple of coon and squirrel dogs as well that's my favorite huntin and the little 32 should do tha trick . love the site here and will post up plenty more when the [ city boy ] deer hunters give us back the woods . i don't hardly deer hunt, do to i love huntin with dogs so much ,and sittin on top a pile of corn ain't my thang .
Hattak At Offi Pisa
halfbreed
Spike Bull

Return to Other Hunting | Big and Small | Hogs