Oklahoma Antelope Hunts

Post your stories, pictures and experiences of Big or Small Game harvest.

Oklahoma Antelope Hunts

Postby kgmtco » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Has anyone drawn in on one of the Antelope control hunts in Oklahoma ?
Any tips on getting landowner permissions ?
Landowners fee's ? All of them charge ? Just some of them ?
kgmtco
Spike Bull

Re: Oklahoma Antelope Hunts

Postby Hutch » Tue May 25, 2010 2:39 pm

i've thought about it??? does that help any?? :?

Hutch
Hutch
4X4 Bull

Postby Okie » Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

A guy I work with has a son that drew a goat tag last year but he never went because he didn't do the necessary work to find land to hunt on. I asked him why he put in if he didn't even have any leads on somewhere to hunt and his answer was "oh, he just puts in for every draw hunt". I told him that, now someone with access to hunt antelope doesn't get to go because his son just wasted a tag. He didn't care... and I'm still pissed about it. I just don't get people like that. OK, I'll quit gripping now. If I new someone kgmtco, I'd let ya know, but I don't.
John Holman
www.bearcreekselfbows.com
Founding Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
"Preserving the Heritage of Primitive Archery"
>>>>>>------------------------------------->
Okie
Global Moderator

Postby Newkirk Jerry » Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Rita Blanca is out there. Scattered parcels of public hunting. Need to have a good map to make sure your on public and not private. Once you get past Guymon you start seeing quite a few goats. I recommend a road trip to start knocking on doors or hitting diners and cafes in Boise City and Guymon if you want to hunt private.
Newkirk Jerry
5X5 Bull

Postby campcook » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 am

I got drawn a couple of years ago and got lucky because the hunter ed guru gave me the biologist name he sent me to the banker in Boise city who drove me out to the property told me where they came on to the field where they left when spooked and pretty much the next morning thats exactly what happened. Problem is every other year the season changes i hunted in December antelope were raiding bankers wheat field my buddy going this year season is in Sept. No wheat in field yet. Now ya hunt water tanks Rita Blanco is great when your hunting water tanks not good when your looking for food sources. The biologist put it this way how long does it take an antelope to run through 180 acres which if you look at map most of Rita blanco is small parcels. Good news most ranchers/farmers out there hate them more than coyotes. Some ask for a trespass fee my buddy going to pay $100 some don't. Call feed stores Co-op they can probally give you a lead or two but do your homework shouldn't be a problem. Most will charge for Bucks. Now that there is Archery season I imagine more folks will want a fee though. Hope this helps I know its a little late from your post but good luck to those who get drawn.
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Other Hunting | Big and Small | Hogs