Chasen hogs.............

Post your stories, pictures and experiences of Big or Small Game harvest.

Chasen hogs.............

Postby Greywolf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:42 am

again.. I saw DW's post and gave him a quick shout on the phone, he gave me the scoop and he ask if I was goin to the ranch? well..........uh....Hmmmm guess.... I could..... give it a shot still got time.

So I headed for the shower, dressed and drove to the ranch which is actually bout 2 miles (by the crow)on down the road further from the PIT, I hurried in the woods and slipped into the ground blind with 3 minutes and 13 seconds before the feeder went off the first time... Whew made it......... I had changed the batteries earlier in the afternoon, and saw a nice size track too...........

So I settled in, changed the battery in the remote, put together one of the Firenocks I traded for, touched up the edge on the BH and then settled in for a quiet evening. The feeder went off like it should, like usual... scared the beejeevies outta me (twice) and then about 6:35 I hear something and this was the next 4 minutes of my life............ Oh and by the way... Did I every tell ya, I hate Motorcycles. check out how the hog reacts when it goes by, the highway is only 150 yds away !

So thats how my evening went, I apologize for the camera noise, I have no idea where the buzzing is coming from, the camera must be on it's last leg.

But at least I got to see one............it was a good night
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Re: Chasen hogs.............

Postby >>>---DW---> » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:36 am

Yup, it wasn't you! it was that bike that went by that started the whole bust. He just never settled back down.
>>>---DW--->
4X4 Bull

Postby TradRag » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 am

Well that stinks!

What a great spot you have there. How far is the feeder in front of the blind? 20-25 yards? I thought there for a few seconds you may have a shot opportunity. I was ready to see the firenock. Speaking of, how do you like them? or was this your first go with them. Always wanted to shoot one but haven't.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Postby Greywolf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 am

TradRag wrote:Well that stinks!

What a great spot you have there. How far is the feeder in front of the blind? 20-25 yards? I thought there for a few seconds you may have a shot opportunity. I was ready to see the firenock. Speaking of, how do you like them? or was this your first go with them. Always wanted to shoot one but haven't.

The feeder is only 8 yds away, there is a platform next to the blind to shoot from, it's only 4 feet off the ground for closer action.
He was a solid well developed hog, I figgered his shield was just as solid, I was waiting for a quartering away arm pit shot. he was just too on edge to offer anything, never seen this hog on the ranch before.

I was one of the original testers for Firenock, they are ok, this was the KE turn on style, I've never shot one of these, they require no magnet.
Maybe I can get another crack at him before Friday........... he's now alot smarter, maybe I should just shoot through the netting instead of removing it?
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Return to Other Hunting | Big and Small | Hogs