Feral hogs in Culpeper VA

Post your stories, pictures and experiences of Big or Small Game harvest.

Feral hogs in Culpeper VA

Postby Bushman452 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 am

In Culpeper there are really feral hogs running about on private property. Now I've actually found this out while scrolling through the web looking up hog hunting opprotunities when I noticed a list of land owners who are hiring hunting to get rid of their feral hog problem. And believe me I'm at least 30 minutes away from Culpeper.
Bushman452
Spike Bull

Re: Feral hogs in Culpeper VA

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:28 pm

You found a real good hunting paradise, last thing they want is to get them started. actually it's too late they are already there.
Ya might do what I do, build or buy a hog trap after talkin to the land owner. You can have a great piece of hunting property and tell him you'll huntem for free and take a few (trap) and then you can have a great place to hunt all year long.

I care take two ranches, when I remove hogs I ask if any one wants meat? if they say no then, they know I'm doin my thing.
When I leave the ranch with a hog if it's late, I flash the headlights at the managers house so they know I have a hog(s) I always get a big thumbs up. and every one is happy.

Go talk with the farmers, they will be greatful you did............and so will you.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby bull3540 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Bushman452 wrote:In Culpeper there are really feral hogs running about on private property. Now I've actually found this out while scrolling through the web looking up hog hunting opprotunities when I noticed a list of land owners who are hiring hunting to get rid of their feral hog problem. And believe me I'm at least 30 minutes away from Culpeper.

Take advantage of this opportunity before the land owners around there get the idea that they can make money by charging folks to hunt "trophy" hogs and building 4 star hunting cabins complete with gourmet cheifs all the while complaining that they can't keep a crop in the ground any longer. Offer free hog eradication services!
You can't kill a man born to hang!
bull3540
Spike Bull

Postby Greywolf » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:24 pm

So how goes the hog hunting? Did you talk with the owner yet? Be interesting to see how it works out.

Good luck and keep talkin to them.

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby Bushman452 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:57 am

Sorry Greywolf but so far I haven't.
Bushman452
Spike Bull

Postby Greywolf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:13 am

Well, there's always tomorrow. Finding time sometimes is one of the hardest things to do. Just know, that every day you wait, there are getting a little bigger :rolf:

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby Hutch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm

An fatter too...aint that right skipper???

Hutch
Hutch
4X4 Bull

Postby robert n leeper » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:14 am

i d love to go with ya bushman... they tell me there are a few feral hogs about but they like the toughest roughest swampy areas around the mountains to the west of here . havent been anyt sightings near here in twenty five years
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Return to Other Hunting | Big and Small | Hogs