THANKS TO OJAM

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
SADDLEBUM2009
Spike Bull

THANKS TO OJAM

Post by SADDLEBUM2009 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:28 am

I want to thank all of the "Ojam 2009" folks that organized and worked this weekend putting this event together. I am a newby, but knew I wanted to know more about this interest. Everyone was to all of us as we needed - a friend, brother, and teacher. I am a member of several different groups (not related in any way to bow making), which are all friendly and helpful, but none can compete with this group of folks.

That being said, I want to offer a special thanks to David (I didn't get his last name) for letting me use one of his bow benches that he supplied. Yes I know that they were there for all to use, but I think David will know what I mean - I inadvertantly set down and started to use the very bench he has occupied a short time before. David just came up and help me adjust the bench to allow me to use it better, and never said a word until I pressed him. Then he set in a chair next to me, and worked from that position - that is the person I need to be).

I also want to offer a special thanks for Tommy Leach for all of the help and advice he gave to me - along with his patience, respect, and his humble attitude. All of the workers went way beyond what I think I could have done, mentally, and physically to make this event a success for everyone that attended. I joined the organization while I was there and hope to see many of the same people in the future doing many things. I know I will be asking questions for a long time, and know that this is the group that I will find most willing to come to my aid.

One last time - Thanks

BowHuntingFool
4X4 Bull

Re: THANKS TO OJAM

Post by BowHuntingFool » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:41 pm

That being said, I want to offer a special thanks to David (I didn't get his last name) for letting me use one of his bow benches that he supplied. Yes I know that they were there for all to use, but I think David will know what I mean - I inadvertantly set down and started to use the very bench he has occupied a short time before. David just came up and help me adjust the bench to allow me to use it better, and never said a word until I pressed him. Then he set in a chair next to me, and worked from that position - that is the person I need to be).

Thats pretty awesome!
>>>---Joe---->

WhisperStik VoodooStik 58", 50#
Montana Longbow 64", 50#
Mohawk Longbow 64", 52#
Lyman .54 Deerstalker Flintlock
Lyman .50 GPR Flintlock

Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
NRA Member

Olschool
5X5 Bull

Re: THANKS TO OJAM

Post by Olschool » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:03 am

SADDLEBUM, all I did was try and pass on some of what I found at my first OJAM.
I'm glad you got to use it and that I got to meet you.
I also want to add my thanks to the Yellow Hats and others that did the work weekend before and all the work they did over the weekend, and to Doug and family for having us out there again.
David