arkansas

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
Saratogaosage
Spike Bull

arkansas

Post by Saratogaosage » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Howdy, we are a family with a love of the past, a desire to learn the ol' ways and to keep those ways alive. We are from south Arkansas. My son fell in love with traditional archery when he was about 9, my daughter just discovered her love for the longbow and is making her 3rd bow. We also harvest and sell osage staves here on our farm, already cured and ready to work. We found a few bow making gatherings like the OJam in Oklahoma, searching for one in Arkansas. Anyone know of one?

campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: arkansas

Post by campcook » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Don't know of a arkie event but you're welcome to come to ours lots of folks from Arkansas make the pilgrimage to Oklahoma . Get with the the event planner and maybe bring some of that arkie osage with you and sell here.

hawkthrower
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by hawkthrower » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here! :campfire:
[size=85]"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher[/size]

Rocklock
Raghorn Bull

Post by Rocklock » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:37 pm

What part of S Hog state? I was Grew up in Magnolia

Stickwhittler
Spike Bull

Post by Stickwhittler » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 am

From the greenbrier area,, two notes,, first, we will be having anther shoot and gathering the first week in June at mayflower,, this is the TBA traditional championship including longbow, recurves, and selfbows,, some of us Selfbow builders will be gathering for a bit of whittling,,
Search out the " Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas " facebook page,, our web page does not get managed well,, or at all,,,,

Second,, I would be interested in some of your staves,,,,,,, let's get together,,,