Hello from southwest ohio

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.

Hello from southwest ohio

Postby plumberroy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello ,
I just found this forum I am no where near new to muzzle loaders but had not shot in a while.
I have a T/c patriot pistol I bought new :mrgreen: but that is for another time
I have
CVA trapper 12 ga shotgun
CVA hawkens 54 cal 16 barrel (Things like that happen when a bored hillbilly has access to a lath)
T/C patriot 45 cal
the above guns where bought new in the 70's-80's
Pietta 51 navy revolver
A gift from about 10 years ago just getting around to shooting it
Lyman trade rifle 50 cal
I was in a local shop and saw an old lyman trade rifle kit gun and the front sight was backwards but the gun just had the "feel " I liked I threw a bid on it and got it for little of nothing. A trip to the range confirmed my gut feeling it is a shooter
T/C renegade 56 smooth bore
I have hunt for one of these since the late 80's I never able to find one in good shape for what I wanted to pay . I was looking at another gun forum I like H&R single shots too looking through their classifieds some one mentioned a gunshop in Rhode Island had 2 on the shelf in the condition I wanted and at the price I liked . A internet search and a phone call and my search is over
Roy
plumberroy
Spike Bull

Re: Hello from southwest ohio

Postby Winter Hawk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:51 am

Hey Roy,

Good to see you here! There are some really knowledgeable folks on here who are not afraid to provide help when asked for. You will see some others from GBO here as well. Be sure to post your progress here!

Welcome aboard!

~Kees~
Winter Hawk
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Hello from southwest ohio

Postby FullDraw » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Welcome to TradRag, Roy. Like Kees said, we have some very knowledgeable smoke pole folks on here that'll talk yer fingers off. You may be able to help some of them out from time to time.

Gary
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Welcome New Members