New to Trad in NC

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
Loggy Bayou
Spike Bull

New to Trad in NC

Post by Loggy Bayou » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:14 am

Just thought I would stop and say hello. Before people start asking my opinion on stuff, I am new to archery as a whole. Not just new to Trad. I do not own a bow (other than a broke 25 year old Bear compound).

I am active duty military, stationed in North Carolina. Originally from Louisiana. I've hunted with a rifle and shotgun all my life.

Why am I here? Well I love working with wood. It is my favorite pass-time. I'm not much into the weekend football watching. I would rather be cutting on a piece of wood and spending time with my children, teaching them to appreciate the simple things in life. Right now my kids and I are finishing a strip built canoe so that we can do some fishing this spring. It has been my most enjoyed project in years. Once that is done, I will start working on building a bow. In the mean time I am just hear to listen to your stories and advice. I love hearing it all.

Jason Robinson
Stuck in North Carolina till Uncle Sam moves me.

TradRag
Site Admin

Re: New to Trad in NC

Post by TradRag » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 am

Welcome and Glad to have you here. When you are ready to build a bow you will find a lot of help here from fellow members. A great group of people that both teach and learn.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

JuanR
4X4 Bull

Post by JuanR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Howdy, good to have you, lots of good peoples here.

allanburden
4X4 Bull

Post by allanburden » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:59 am

Hey good to have you here and thanks for your service. Nobody is "stuck" in the Carolina's brother, welcome to God's country!
Allan Burden