Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
frassettor
Raghorn Bull

Post by frassettor » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:42 am

I thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I currently shoot a Black Widow plx longbow, 58@28. I have been shooting traditional seriously for almost 2 years, and have yet to shoot a big game animal. I shoot pretty regulary and am confident out to 20 yards ( presuming I shoot on a regular basis).

TradRag
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Post by TradRag » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:25 am

WELCOME :!: :!:

Glad to have you here and to think we already have one thing in common..... :mrgreen: I too shoot 58@28.

Make yourself at home and let me know if I can do anything for you as you navigate the forum.

~Bryan
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

Canerod
4X4 Bull

Post by Canerod » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:16 am

Welcome!! Another fan of 58@28, but mine's in a Whisperstik 'curve and an Appalachian Flatbow.

You should feel right at home here.
Registered Maine Guide
Bamboo Rodmaker
www.highcountryguideservice.com

frassettor
Raghorn Bull

Post by frassettor » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 am

I cant figure out how to send a reply to a PM

TradRag
Site Admin

Post by TradRag » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Sent you a PM... :lol: Just Kidding.

At the top of the page find the Elk, then find Board Index, then User Control Panel. Once in UCP (user control panel) you will find a Tab labeled Private messages.

~Bryan
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

snag
4X4 Bull

Post by snag » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm another newbie. Always good to hang out with fellow bowhunters! I have been archery hunting for over 20yrs. Just saw the light and switched to traditional archery about 4 yrs. ago. I too am looking for my first trad kill...been soooo close, but no cigar. I am blessed to be able to shoot a Blacktail recurve 55#@28". I learned how to make my own arrows (wood and carbon) by listening to the wealth of knowledge on some of these sites. Lots of fun this trad. stuff!

Patrick Kelly
Spike Bull

Post by Patrick Kelly » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm

New member here too. Been archery hunting for almost 30 years. This is my first full year hunting traditional and I've been luck enough to harvest a few deer and one small hog with trad gear. Currently shooting 60" RER TD recurve 63# @ 29" and 62" RER vortex 59# @ 29". Hope to continue to learn from others here.

wihill
Spike Bull

Post by wihill » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 am

Another new guy! :D

Just got started down the road of traditional archery, but I've been bitten hard by the bug and already have a good start on my library of bows. Most of mine are around 45#, though I am starting to increase the weight slowly but surely.

I'm also pleased to see a traditional muzzleloader section, I'll probably hangout in there too, as I've got one of them and an unhealthy desire for a Flintlock.

See everyone around!

Chris

stonehunter
Spike Bull

Post by stonehunter » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:57 am

hello from nw pa. as my handle says, i do hunt with stone points, having taken my first with flint this year, i will try to post some pic soon