HOWDEEEEE !

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
Pietro
Spike Bull

HOWDEEEEE !

Post by Pietro » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:51 am

I'm glad I came across tradrag.com = I like it here ! :P

I'm not exactly new to muzzleloading, having started in the late 1960's when cleanup was a PITA.

It's funny, though, how things work out.

I started with sidehammer caplocks, and literally jumped on the -90's inline technology - especially the E-Z removable breechplugs - mostly for the ease of cleaning, then also for the stone reliability.

Early on, I found some pretty good DIY stuff in the Foxfire series of books, and made my own accessories - possibles bag, short starter, etc, etc - but haven't used that stuff since I went with the inline's plastic speedloaders/etc.

Then................ I sorta got jaded on the inlines & plastic, and so sold my lastest (a T/C Omega), when I ran across a nice .50 rocklock - especially when I found it to have a faster lock time than any caplock I had previously.

In this later part of life, I find I'm not very "anxious" about reliability or bringing some animal to bag, since I've had my share.
I'm getting much more pleasure from the tradidional guns/gear, than the game.

I've recently also accumulated another caplock rifle - AND (best of all) I can finally use the stuff, I made all those years ago.

TradRag
Site Admin

Re: HOWDEEEEE !

Post by TradRag » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Glad to read that your traditional side is coming full swing. :P Welcome to TradRag and glad to have you here.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com