Hello from Nebraska...Glad to be here!

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
Wary Buck
Spike Bull
Hello from Nebraska...Glad to be here!

Post by Wary Buck » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Was invited to check this place out, and I like what I see thus far. Hope to stop by when I can and contribute to the discussion. I posted a story of my Alberta bear hunt from this spring in the Traditional Harvest section. Hope you can go along for the ride on one of your visits here.

I live in eastern Nebraska along the Platte River and hunt primarily with a 55#, 64" Pronghorn Takedown Longbow. I have another Pronghorn soon to show up on my doorstep to add to my back-up arsenal of two White Bison longbows, a Schafer Silver-Tip recurve, a few others hanging around. I've shot just enough traditional muzzleloader to know if I kept doing it, I'd have to add another hobby and I'm already immersed too much into traditional archery to be doing that. :) I respect the guys who do it the old-fashioned way.

I am a schoolteacher/coach by trade, but also write a weekly outdoor column (Platte Valley Outdoors) for my local daily paper and freelance for TBM/BHM/PBS magazines. In 2008, I published my first book, My Neck of the Woods, and am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel for my second one that is in the works. 3 Rivers Archery (a sponsor here) carries the book and in fact I just sent them 30 more today. If interested you may also contact me directly.

Hope everyone's as excited about the upcoming fall as I am. Twelve more days until D-Day in Nebraska!

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from Nebraska...Glad to be here!

Post by Greywolf » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Congrats on the book, and welcome

It's a nice community we have here, lots of good folks willin to extend what they know to help others out.
Look forward to readin some of your stuff.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

TradRag
Site Admin

Post by TradRag » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Well I must admit that I love your post! Pictures and a story, and more pics and more story! I love it and thank you much. Welcome to TradRag.com.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

PagosaBow
Spike Bull

Post by PagosaBow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Hello
Its not the size of the man its the size of his heart.