White Meat Stew

Share your cooking methods and tips.

White Meat Stew

Postby campcook » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Soak seven bean soup over night drain rinse beans. Take whatever white meat you have left couple pounds put incrockpot/dutchoven. Chop celery, onions, carrots, peppers to taste put in pot. Add an adult beverage or two or stock enough to cover every thing cook for about four hours on high. Remove your white meats shred off bones put back in pot. Cook some corn bread sprinkle your favorite cheese on top. Really filling on cold day. This is how I cleaned up my fridge end of season a squirrel or couple quail whatever miss matched white meats were in fridge but not enough of anyone kind for a meal. My sister inlaw would never eat wild game one day the stew was on and smelling great I was out when she came over. When I came in she was finishing her fourth bowl. So of course I mention that I thought she didn't like game meat. She informs me that she doesn't and that this isn't game meat because its white. I tell her that quail, rabbit,squirrel, frog,turkey, possum, cook, snake and several other things are white meat. She got all huffy said she couldn't believe I forced her to eat wild stuff. I reminded her that she helped herself to four bowls before I got home. White meat its whats fer supper. :lol: :lol: Alex P.S. If you eat it an I made don't ask me what it is if ya can't handle the truth.
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: White Meat Stew

Postby eddie c » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 am

sounds good.

the story about the SIL reminds me about when a friend cooked a meal for another friend and his wife. Bobby made deer meat Lasagna. the wife was on her 3rd piece when she asked for the recipe. :P she frozen in mid-stride (fork of food half way to the mouth) when he said ground deer. :rolf: "I DONT EAT DEER MEAT!!! :evil: "
I'm sorry but your husband hunts and I thought you did.

Bobby said after about 30 seconds of an icy stare she said ' shutup and give me another helping' :rolf:
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby campcook » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm

Know what ya mean eddie if you like it don't ask what it is. I usually ask then try it. I did sample some dryed squid once thinking it was jerky had to excuse myself from the table to spit it out. I have an allergy to saltwater fish.
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby KsBow » Thu May 09, 2013 6:42 am

Good ones Alex and Eddie. I was working at the parts counter in a Farm Supply and Windmill business during the summer one year and made up a batch of venison summer sausage. Took some saltines, ss, and cheese to work and put it on the counter. This dude was chowing down on it and I ask him if he had applied for a deer permit for the fall. He told me that no one in his house liked venison, that they had thrown away everything out of the freezer from the last deer he had shot. I told him too bad, you been standing there eating that nasty stuff for the last 15 minutes. He looked shocked, but admitted the summer sausage was really good.
Good advice, if you're eatin it and it's good, don't ask what you're eating!! :dance:
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO
KsBow
Imperial (7X7) Bull

Postby campcook » Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Ralph I had a neighbor once from Posta Rico and she made me some taquitos from dried meat she brought back from home they were great but when i asked what was in them she didn't want to tell me . Finally got her to admit to coon and armadillo and there was another meat but she wouldn't tell me what meat was. I told her if she would tell what they were I would go shoot some and dry it. They sure were good though. Alex
campcook
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Camp Cooking & Recipes