Venison Corn Soup

Share your cooking methods and tips.

Venison Corn Soup

Postby KsBow » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Here's one my Daughter, Krystyn, created. We love it. Some of my hunting buddies have eaten it and seen to like it just fine.

Venison Corn Soup

Take some venison steak, ours is pre tenderized, cut into 1" cubes. Dredge it in flower and put in skillet or Dutch Over with some oil and brown it. Empty 2 or 3 cans of cream style corn into a pot, add a can of diced chillies. Start the corn to heating on low. When meat is browned, add flour to the skillet and pour in some milk and make gravy just like you'd make sausage gravy. When gravy is done, pour the whole batch in on top of the corn. Stir well and simmer till it's hot. Serve it up and enjoy.

If you want more kick, add more chillies or some of your favorite heat. With only one can of mild chillies the whole family will enjoy it and you can heat your's up after it's in your bowl.

Try it and let me know what you think. KsBow
Building Bows, Making Friends, and Making Memories
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
At Large Representative-OSS
2014 OSS Hall of Fame Inductee
2015 OSS Master Bowyer
Past President Kansas Bowhunters Association
Current SW Rep KBA
Member BCO
KsBow
Imperial (7X7) Bull

Re: Venison Corn Soup

Postby stickandlimb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 am

Sounds good...might have to try this one ...most of the time I do the 3 stick method.....stick them with an arrow......stick them in the smoker.....and stick them in my mouth..........deer are best served not running and still warm. :rolf:
Its all mind over matter..If you don't mind it don't matter.......
stickandlimb
5X5 Bull

Return to Camp Cooking & Recipes