New reel

Do you fish from the bank or do you have a rig?

New reel

Postby Greywolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 pm

I just picked up a Abu Garcia Ambassador 6600XL, got it for $50 TYD, I just put it on a Shakespeare 8 foot m-h rod. gonna go try it out tomorrow, the full moon was last night so it'll be a falling moon friday evening. see if we can hit the late evening bite. If not then there'll be plenty of beer and munchies to fill the void.... Oh yeah I loves fishin !!!
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Re: New reel

Postby FullDraw » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am

Good luck, Mark. I've got an older 5000D that has been a great reel, but I find myself leaning more toward the spinning reels lately. I've been trying to get my grandsons out more this summer. We got some fishing in last weekend and had a great time. It is so hot in Oklahoma right now that it makes fishing tough. We are suppose to get a little cool down next Tuesday and I plan to have them fishing.
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Greywolf » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Went out yesterday for the late afternoon bite on the falling tide, caught one Talau (good eating reef fish) then nothing for a while then the Hammerhead sharks took over, caught 4-5 between the three of us. had a couple breakoffs so those were at least #50 game fish...... :rolf: HEY ! This is my story and your weren't there :lol: Lots of good fun... all the bites seem to occur when >>>--DW-->> would tell a fish story :D

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby >>>---DW---> » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Mark I went the other afternoon by myself. I got no bites because I had nobody for talk story! After a few hours I realized this so I started telling myself a story and wham!!! I got a nice size Toau. I left after that. I wasn't about to sit there talking to myself for the rest of the evening. I'm getting old, bit not that old. :lol:
>>>---DW--->
4X4 Bull

Postby Greywolf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Any day ya wanna go call me I'm off for a few days till something else gets inked. Friday?...... wed? oh wait thats today...Yeah thats good

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby >>>---DW---> » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I think Keawe wanted to try out "Trav" today. Hey is that bow FF ok? Cuz the string is really frayed and I have a brand new high performance string that will fit it.
>>>---DW--->
4X4 Bull

Postby Greywolf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I'll twist up a new one for it. red and black are the colors Trav likes the best LOL :archer2:

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby eddie c » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Greywolf wrote:I'll twist up a new one for it. red and black are the colors Trav likes the best LOL :archer2:

unless something happen to it, there was a spare string in the tube or bowsock the last time I had my hands on it.
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Greywolf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks eddie, they found it. I got the caps for the tube today, now I have to find some of that rubber for the protection rings around the bow, at the limbs and of course that fluffy, puffy, frilly,fuzzy HOT pink custom fit handle from HairyBeaver. It was the insides of the broadhead target that was shot out, that was suppose to last a a couple of years. :77:

You had the eye surgery yet?

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby eddie c » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 am

Greywolf wrote:Thanks eddie, they found it. I got the caps for the tube today, now I have to find some of that rubber for the protection rings around the bow, at the limbs and of course that fluffy, puffy, frilly,fuzzy HOT pink custom fit handle from HairyBeaver. It was the insides of the broadhead target that was shot out, that was suppose to last a a couple of years. :77:

I'm actually getting ready to leave the hotel to go to my pre-surgery visist with the doc as I type. actual procedure will probably be in10-14 days. if it goes like it did back in '07, I will have to special order some meds just for the eye. I hope to get one last bowfish trip in before I get laid up for 4 weeks.
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby FullDraw » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Keep us posted on the eye, Eddie. I pray that all goes well and you're good as new afterward.
N.E. Representative Oklahoma Selfbow Society (OSS)
Member - Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Member - NWTF - Eastern Oklahoma County Strutters
Life member NRA
U.S. Army - Vietnam Veteran
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, ... Proverbs 1:7a
FullDraw
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby WolfmanjohSSK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 am

Greywolf wrote:I'll twist up a new one for it. red and black are the colors Trav likes the best LOL :archer2:

There's actually a fresh string in the packet with the bow, but there are no silencesrs on it. Dave says the string isn't that frayed, but I think it's seen better days
WolfmanjohSSK
Spike Bull

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 am

Little tuning and some string silencers will get it under control. I have some hairybeaver silencers I've wanted to try on Trav. I'll give them to ya this weekend.
I'm sure we'll be filling the sky full of holes somewhere this weekend!! :archer2:

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:41 am

BTW
The new rod handled a nice size hammerhead shark this morning. the missed hook up was making the reel scream pulling line. Coral took it's toll on the weight line and half way up the leaderline.

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby eddie c » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 am

eddie c wrote:
Greywolf wrote:Thanks eddie, they found it. I got the caps for the tube today, now I have to find some of that rubber for the protection rings around the bow, at the limbs and of course that fluffy, puffy, frilly,fuzzy HOT pink custom fit handle from HairyBeaver. It was the insides of the broadhead target that was shot out, that was suppose to last a a couple of years. :77:

I'm actually getting ready to leave the hotel to go to my pre-surgery visist with the doc as I type. actual procedure will probably be in10-14 days. if it goes like it did back in '07, I will have to special order some meds just for the eye. I hope to get one last bowfish trip in before I get laid up for 4 weeks.

well, going to take longer than I thought. due to insurance procedures I got to do this in 2 trips (3 total counting the pretrip). so my main trip wont be until late July. :cry: takes approx 6 weeks for the vision to fully clear up. that will be pushing closer to bow season than I like. a man got to see it order to practice with a longbow. :?
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Greywolf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am

Ahhhh....Stumphopper....close eyes.....see target in mind....breath......focus mind..........become arrow........ :archer2:

Just do as the Dr says, even if it means missing the opening day, they eyes are way to important. and remember one other thing, good vision means ........one less excuse you missed !! :archer: :D

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby eddie c » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Greywolf wrote:Ahhhh....Stumphopper....close eyes.....see target in mind....breath......focus mind..........become arrow........ :archer2:

Just do as the Dr says, even if it means missing the opening day, they eyes are way to important. and remember one other thing, good vision means ........one less excuse you missed !! :archer: :D

missing opening day of deer season in TN isnt a biggie. BUT this opening day I'm suppose to be in Washington state on a black bear hunt. it would be irritating to have to put off another thing on my bucket list. :lol:
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Fishing