Tough Trout season this year?

Do you fish from the bank or do you have a rig?

Tough Trout season this year?

Postby RedSkullz » Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

I am wondering if anyone else is having a rough trout season this year? Usually we kick butt on the rivers sight fishing for 4-12 pound rainbows, but not this yer. The spring was a very strange one, with vey warm weather ealy and no rain.(though it did snow a few days ago) It seems like the majority of the fish have already done their spawn and have went back to the big water. Another thing is that the tiny trout have all moved in, which further enforces my theory that the big 'uns are all gone. Oh well...at least we "should" be able to hit some brookies on a little secluded lake this friday on the outskirts of Algonquin Park. Hopefully they havent started to move deep yet. If they have moved deep, i am gonna wish i got my turkey licence!!
So far it seems like all of the fish spawning schedules are way ahead where they should be! Anyone else having a rough go this spring? Please note your area, and how your spring fishing is going! I am located in northern ontario, about 2 hours north of toronto.
RedSkullz
Spike Bull

Re: Tough Trout season this year?

Postby 337 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 am

Had a pretty good early season in W. Pennsylvania but the rain we have been getting lately is flooding the rivers so the rooster tails have no chance.
Raghorn Bull

Return to Fishing