Gawgia Slam

Do you fish from the bank or do you have a rig?

Gawgia Slam

Postby Lance Coleman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Aint have no werk today. Woke up to find the wife in the kitchen. I says, what are you doin here and not at work?? She says "I'm off today as well... whatcha doing?" I said, gonna go try and get some reference pics of trout for taxidermy, wanna go??" 'Sure! so long as we can get some for the grill."

So we grab ultralites and head out. 2 peoples, 4 hours of fishin, 4 rainbows, 2 browns and 10 brookies. them three species make the Georgia trout slam. And we both managed it today.
It's not what you do............ It's how you do it.
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Gawgia Slam

Postby eddie c » Sun May 02, 2010 6:36 am

sweet. 8-)

I'm too late for supper, aint I? :( :D
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1
eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby TradRag » Sun May 02, 2010 8:25 am

That is awesome! Haven't caught little brookies in a couple years. Very nice!
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com
TradRag
Site Admin

Postby 4finger » Sun May 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Nice!...4finger
"It only takes 1 minute to make a lifetime memory...How much time are your kids worth?"
4finger
5X5 Bull

Postby Lance Coleman » Sun May 02, 2010 2:07 pm

I've caught a few brookies out of the Soque in the 14-16" range. They were stocked in there 10 or so years back.

But my absolute best brookie trophy was caught up in the mountains at an undisclosed location. It's where two creeks cross through the same valley running opposite directions but come within 100 feet of each other for about a half mile. Closest road is probably 4 miles away. Were were on out way back out and coming down one of the creeks when there was this trickle coming over a 12' flat rock wall.... I climbed up the wall to see this tiny spring creek running through. There was a rock the size of my dodge lodged in a bluff half in the water. water wasn't 3' across at the rock but yu could tell it went down about 4' deep right there at the rock.

I threw a lil black terrestial on a 7' 2 wt sage fly rod in the the drift and he smashed it like he was a 10# large mouth. It was a lil brookie. he was around 3" long, his bill was so crook jawed he could not close his mouth and I would hazard to guess he was around 8yrs old. I showed my wife, she took a few pics (wish I know where they were) and went to release him..... she said, why don't you drop him over the rock wall in to the big creek?? I said no way babe! This lil guy is king of this spring and lived his entire life here. He may not last a day in a creek with all them rock bass and 10" browns in it. But yall he was just one cool lil fish.

I've already leanred people don't mount squirrels because they're easy. they mount them because they're readily available and the forms are cheap! It's 10 times as easy to tuck the lips and eyes on a whitetail as it is on a tiny squirrel face. Fish are the same way. I figure if you can make a small one look real?? You can do anything with a big one.
It's not what you do............ It's how you do it.
Lance Coleman
Royal (6X6) Bull

Return to Fishing