the golden time

Do you fish from the bank or do you have a rig?

the golden time

Postby robert n leeper » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 am

years ago, my brother jeff and i fished a creek in virginia, a tidal creek . to make a long story short the tides were up 4 feet above nermal due to a hurricane off the coast . We were in a canoe and fishing was pretty lame until we pulled up into this cove on the other side of the road and fish started
jumping into the canoe. these fish were what the locals called sticklebacks , but they were some kind of perch and they jumped out of the water like crazy . id see em in the channel swimming and jumping like dolphins a few days before. we loaded up that day on our fair share of them and even gave a few away to a couple of folks as i recall. if we'd had a dipnet, golly we could have gone into the fish business the water was teeming with them rascals . we also caught a couple of pounds of crabs and steamed them up with bay seasoning , that was back when i didnt break out in hives , so i remind him of that day often, and its funny but as much as he and i don't get a long anymore, we sure had a few good tales to tell about hunting, or fishing back when we were young bucks .. like hiking the app trail in a freaking icestorm with trees snapping all around us, or fishing in kerr lake
and outrunning a waterspout , thats a wet tornado to those who don't know what one is , but my how things sure have changed..
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Re: the golden time

Postby bowhunterfrompast » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am

Times do have a way of changing, at least you have some good memories.
Rick
Broadhead Collector
Have a great hunt!
bowhunterfrompast
5X5 Bull

Re: the golden time

Postby robert n leeper » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

when we were kids we lived in knob knoster and there was a lake around there somewhere a fishery area we used to fish in. back in the 60s. we caught catfish by the bucketload and we moved up to worth county and fished lake no name for a number of years before we moved to the finger lakes and its land locked trout...then we moved to tidewater virginia and grew up, but still enjoyed fishing..and hunting all the same
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Return to Fishing