Tying a loop Splice knot...GGGrrrrrrrr

Tent, Camper, Trailer... which one are you?
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Tying a loop Splice knot...GGGrrrrrrrr

Post by Greywolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 am

I just can't seem to get my head to do the second part of the loop splice. I see what it's suppose to look like from the side, I do the wraps again, over the next strands? :x do I keep going(if I ever figger it out) till the tag ends are gone?

You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

eddie c
Royal (6X6) Bull

Re: Tying a loop Splice knot...GGGrrrrrrrr

Post by eddie c » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 am

it's always blew my mind when I tried to make the eye.

the linemen at work do it on occasion on some of the ropes they use. one year I was helping them tote their gear at a linemen's rodeo and one of the events was that eye loop. at that event the guy was getting ready to start the stopwatch on our lineman when the lineman's 4 yr old son broke through the fence to be with his daddy. Travis picked his son up and said ' Son, I will be done in 52 seconds, get back over to your Momma, I will be there in a minute.'
he got ready again and the judge yelled GO!!!. 52 seconds later Travis set the loop down and hollered DONE!!!! the judge freaked :eek: , 52 seconds on the stopwatch. :D prefect eye loop and first place.
Rule #1: PICK A SPOT!!!!! Rule#2: repeat #1

Winter Hawk
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Winter Hawk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Once you have it started, go over the next strand, then tuck under the next one and keep repeating. Find a rigging loft for boats and ask for help with an eye splice if you have to. But if you have it started right, take the strand closest to the loop and go over and under, pull it tight, then do the same with the next one down the string, finally with the third one.. Then go back to the first one and repeat the process. Normally three tucks is all that is needed with rope, more if it is slippery. Since you will be serving this three should be good enough. Good luck!

-Kees-

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:27 pm

It's hard to tell which is the first.... I skip over the last one with the first one? I know someone had a online how to follow along for us dummies.... happen to know what site it was? :?

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I found it

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii