water filtration

Tent, Camper, Trailer... which one are you?

water filtration

Postby troutbum76 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 pm

have any of you guys used those filter water bottles? look like they would be great but just wondering if anybody had any experience with them.
"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll get you another"
troutbum76
Raghorn Bull

Re: water filtration

Postby Greywolf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 am

Use to have a drinking tube, was black about 5/8th in Diameter, bout 10-11 inches long it would filter water just by drinking like a straw.
Think it came from Gander Mountion bout 15 yrs ago. it was in my huntin pack that got stolen. never did see another one like it.

Have used the pump type in Colorado elk hunting bout 8 yrs ago, worked great too. no need to carry heavy water reservoirs with you, provided you have have way decent streams with a good flow.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii
Greywolf
Global Moderator

Postby Hooked » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 pm

They have a thing that looks like a pen now that you stick in the water and push a button and it is ready to drink. I am going on an elk hunt this year but haven't bought one because who knows when I will need it again. They are kinda expensive, but if you need them alot it would be worth it. If I just knew I would get to go on an elk hunt every year, then I would get one.
www.wildfireartistry.com
Hooked
5X5 Bull

Postby troutbum76 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

i bought a katadyn bottle and tried out on the buffalo river here at home. very convient and filtration is more thorough than most of the pump types. :D
"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll get you another"
troutbum76
Raghorn Bull

Postby robert n leeper » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:29 pm

the best water filter is the spec forces type. take a water bottle. cut the top off, stuff it with wet grass
along the bottom about 2 inches, next add a layer of sand then add a layer of charcoal , then another layer of sand and top it off with a layer of more wet grass. then punch 4 small holes in the bottom and pour the water in slowly. it will take out impurities but id boil it to prevent beaver fever . it works well and can filter about 2 gallons in 15 - 20 minutes
Joseph had a coat of many colors, mine are green brown tan and gray
member: Team hornaday
depthcharge559@gmail.com
powderkeg@blogger.com
robert n leeper
5X5 Bull

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 am

I love my sawyer gravity water filter.. I got the 2 liter..But with any filter be careful of freezing..
Stan
Spike Bull

Return to Camping