Not This Year

Share your Elk Hunting experiences.

Not This Year

Postby zeek from coon creek » Fri May 13, 2016 5:38 pm

I just checked the online results and once again I didn't get drawn for a Kentucky Elk tag. This is the 3rd year I've put in. This drawing is not like any other I've ever took part in in that there are no preference points given so that the longer you put in the greater your chances of being drawn become. Someone who has never put in before has just as good a chance as someone who has been putting in for years. Oh well, the money goes to a really good cause and who knows? Maybe I'll get drawn before I get too old to go hunt.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Re: Not This Year

Postby hawkthrower » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 pm

I feel for ya! I too lost the draw! No elk no deer tag either - off to hunt turkey in the fall and back to the fly rod and the trout streams till next year unless I can get a private land tag......
"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher
hawkthrower
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby zeek from coon creek » Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Well, it was not meant to be once again. I just checked the website and I didn't draw a tag for the Kentucky elk season. 4 years of putting in and counting.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)
zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Postby WinterHawk » Sun May 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Sounds like my annual donations to the Ohio Fish & Game Dept. I buy the tags and license, then maybe stomp in the woods once with my flintlock. Turkey season is almost over and I haven't been out yet. I should make more effort but killing something isn't important to me any more. I do have my memories and that's good enough. :D And my money goes to a good cause.

~WH~
~WH~
WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Return to Elk Hunting